we m4 porting bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we m4 porting bolt?

Im thinking about doing this to one of my we m4 bolts to make it lighter and more gas efficent but Im a bit worried about taking too much matereal off or from the wrong areas and causing weekness.I would be really greatfull if any one who has done this could let me know if it is worth while and how you did it.
    Sharpy

Re: we m4 porting bolt?

I havent done this nor do i know anyone who has. But in theory yes it will work but you will have to remove at very least 1/3 of the weight for it to be worth it.

Its a pretty strong item and quite solid too, so if you was to drill holes, i'd offset them like below Bolt facing down

O O O
    ..O O
    O O O

But you can always test. dont think bolts are "that" expensive bare to buy. Just how much of a risk you wanna take lol
    Last edited by Danny_boy85; 4 January, 2014, 12:48.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

A guy I know did I it to his. It is Punchdrunk on this very forum.

He is a very experienced GBBrR tech.

Comment

All working ok Loki?

I suspect its fine as long as you dont cut the holes super close to one another as the bolts are seriously tough

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

His was working fine.

I think he has an M16 for sale which may well have THAT bolt in it.

He was doing R&D for WE Europe at the time so he test drove the shit out of it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
          Working...
          X