Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 5.1/1911 power

hello,

i fancy a little project and want to put together a new 1911 for myself. I was thinking of basing it on TM high capa or 1911 because this gives me by far the widest choice of parts. What I am worried about is if i change the frame, receiver etc for metal ones the already low power TM is barely going to be able to lob a bb past my foot.

My question is, can the TM internal parts be upgraded to get a lot more power out of the gas? (300 fps while throwing the slide back with at least some oomph). If this is possible would I be better off just building teh whole thing from parts rather than starting with a complete TM and wasting the money by hardly using any of it?

Re: TM 5.1/1911 power

I don't really like metal for skirmishing. Wall hangers and display guns and maybe one nice piece for the summer sure, but not something you can use every single day.

I always put a 1911 slide and parts on a hi capa frame

Comment

thanks for the reply and everything, not really relevant to anything in the op tho :P

Comment

Nine Ball Gas Router and Nine Ball Hop Rubber together in a Hi-Capa will certainly up the power a fair bit and probably get you up to you're 300fps goal. Of course running on green gas/propane will bump it up a lot also, though may shorten the life slightly. If you start with a TM Hi-Capa though then parts are easily available if anything breaks.

I suppose if you want something really powerful you could get a Hi-Capa and fit an extra long inner barrel hidden into a silencer - a 9 or 10 inch inner barrel could get you up to 350fps with out too much trouble (with the above nine ball upgrades as well).

I have a TM 1911 with a full metal kit and it runs ok in the summer at about 300fps on propane but I tend to favour my stock PX4 when it gets colder.

Hope this helps

Comment

The TM Hi Capa frames are metal anyway. The problems come when you put metal slides on them.

Comment

Metal slides on capas make sod all difference really. The mag is so huge it still slings that slide good and proper. Just as long as you don't get a cheapo massive lump.

I have a la Brama slide on my 5.1 and a Limcat one on my race pistol. Get a whole mag off easy in anger and slide locks.

6.03 barrel
            New pistol head
            120% recoil spring
            Nineball has router in mag

Running on propane you will be getting about 320-330 fps. Mine gives 335 with some tweeking.

So by no means will it be low powered! 1911/MEU's suffer massively with metal slides so that's where the issue lies as be it mags are TINY.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

cheers! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
              Working...
              X