GHK AK top cover problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK AK top cover problems.

Recieved my AK today and put the top cover up so that I could remove the bolt carrier to lube the nozzle etc. I now cant put the top cover back down no matter how much force I exert onto it, it appears that the dimensions on the left side are a bit off and that it might require a bit of a push to put it back on. It gets about halfway and I physically cant do it any more without using a hammer. If anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated. I'm not an AK expert so this is relatively new to me.

Re: GHK AK top cover problems.

Photos of contact points when stuck would be helpful, I can't get my head round what you're trying to describe...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

IMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0774.jpg

As you can probably see, its favouring the right side where the selector switch is etc. I can't push it over to the left to try and counteract this as it just slips and the cover just hinges back up again. Like I said, I dont want to break my new gun even if it is a durable material. Like a baby to me haha.

Comment

Its durable enough just stretch it a little...get your hands in and splay it a little...I've only ever had to make mine a tighter fit though! so props to GHK!

- - - Updated - - -

Its durable enough just stretch it a little...get your hands in and splay it a little...I've only ever had to make mine a tighter fit though! so props to GHK!

Comment

Right, this is steel I think? But yeah I can agree with that point, so so so chuffed with the G5, now this is just a Russian beauty, all I need now is the mags

Comment

Sorted now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
            X