TM 5-7 slide sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 5-7 slide sticking

For some reason my 5-7 has started sticking halfway after firing a shot, causing me to have to re-cock the gun in order to fire it again. I have been told that this could be because the recoil springs have degraded and cannot push the slide all the way back.

If this is the case then i can buy a replacement for it but I would like to know if anyone has any other ideas as to why it is sticking. I have also given the slide a thorough cleaning and lubrication and nothing seems to be loose for it to catch on. any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: TM 5-7 slide sticking

I believe it's a problem caused by the piston head, i've been told that's one of the causes. i've got a new part on the way so I shall let you know if that solves it.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Have the same problem on mine - top slide sticks on return and Im not sure why - seems to be wear and abrasion on outer slide and barrel but cant confirm.

Keen to see if the piston head resolves this!

Comment

Pull the slide back and lock it. Then get a small screwdriver and pull the gas nozzle forward as far as it will go, then release it. It should in theory spring itself back into the blow back unit.

If this doesnt happen and it gets stuck, a new piston head could be required as TM's design isnt great. Its like a cup and obveiously with the gas and silicone it becomes soft and opens up with gas expansion and thus doesnt fit back into the nozzle.

PDI piston heads are the way forward for this.

Take the slide off and also the recoil spring, then again, pull the nozzle forward and inspect the piston head, if it looks chewed around the edge (you can spin them) then its definitely an issue, id change it either way as the 226 also does the same thing

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrflib8le Steam ID; THE DIDDLER Xbox GT; MR FLIB8LE Find out more about mrflib8le
        Working...
        X