Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Hi Capa + Nine ball gas router issue

Bit of help if i can please gents,

I have the purple nineball routers in my hi capa mags and have the following problem;

when i finish a mag the slide no longer locks back. This only happens in the mags with the routers. From what i can see/deduce, the router sits higher/ protrudes further from the top of the mag than the standard one which helps to give it a better seal, this is in turn making the mag sit lower which means that the follower on the mag is not acting on the slide stop to make it....stop the slide!!

Has anyone else come across this or have any suggestions on what to do?

Rob
    Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Re: TM Hi Capa + Nine ball gas router issue

How is the gun shooting? Is it kicking back more than before?

Do you have shims in the gun already?

How long have you had the gun, and how old is the mag catch?

Comment

Gun was new from Mr Cripps in july last year, spec is as follows

tm lower and grip
      infinity metal slide (as seen on his website which of course does not exist as its not Z1)
      nineball 6.03 barrel
      nineball hop rubber
      uprated recoil spring
      airsoft surgeon lightweight blowback unit
      what i believe is a guarder loading nozzle
      nine ball routers in the mags

I did have a nineball metal outer barrel in there for a while but it didnt play nicely with the slide and caused a sharp lip at the back of the ejection port which stopped the nozzle moving properly and the slide the stick.

it has always had the routers in there so i canot say if it has shims or kicks any harder.

Rob

Comment

Have you got a standard recoil spring?

What I always found with them, is that towards the end of a magazine, especially in this weather, it doesn't always let the slide back enough to engage the slide release area of the slide. With the additional friction that the nine ball routers cause, this could be the case, and with less friction from green gas, the issue not coming up on those.

Try a bog standard recoil spring in, and see if it fixes the problem.

I always run my pistols with a bog standard recoil spring, and a 120/150% hammer spring. The hammer spring makes sure it punts out enough gas in winter, and also gives a lot more felt recoil as the slide hits the hammer. The only felt recoil you get from the recoil spring is at the very end of the cycle, as the slide returns to battery.

Comment

I also dont know if it has shims in there but i cannot imagine Mike would have done that off his own back, i certainly did not ask for them. the idea that there could be shims in there did cross my mind!

Comment

Yeah its unlikely. I don't believe he sells them anymore, as they cause more problems than they solve! If it wasn't mentioned, they won't be in there!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas Ben, it is appreciated.

i conveniently have just picked up another completely standard hicapa so will switch the recoil springs around tonight and see if this helps.

I was told that hammer springs are not required and do not improve much?

Also the last testing i done with this was in my (warm) house with a mag+ router and some 4.3 completely standard mags i had picked up. standard mags locked back fine, nine ball mags did not.

Comment

Aaaaaah. Is the mag with the nine ball router on it a 5.1 length mag? These never work quite as well as 4.3 mags. Nobody knows why, but when you try the two side by side, the 4.3 ones just feel a lot snappier.

And no problem! The number of times people have helped me out on problems Im having!

Comment

hmm, maybe ill try swapping the routers into the 4.3 mags and see what happens then. So many possible combinations!

Comment

Are you using genuine tm hi capa mags or the WE one as I found on my mr cripps. Pistol was it was only the TM ones that locked the slide back most the time even know it was short stroked

Comment

Genuine TM mags, stamped and branded! i did worry for a bit as someone told me that the FP mags were direct clones of TM ones including the writing on the back and i am pretty sure he had some of these available.

Comment

I personally think its newer TM hicapa mags.
                        My two old ones with routers and shims work fine, the two new ones however fail to lock the slide 99% of the time.
                        I changed over followers a while back and the old follower in new mag locked the slide back reliably, new follower in old mag however didn't lock back.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Aaaaaannnd FIXED!*It ended up being a combination of some pretty poor QC by Marui and some bad practice on my part.*

When I was swapping the routers over I noticed that in the new standard 5.1 magazine, when I removed the feed lip assembly the BBU follower shot out and across the kitchen. My original mags did not do this, in fact the follower did not move when I took off the feed lips. This was because the inside of the mag was badly cast and was gripping the spring and stopping it moving with its full force. A bit of filing with a small flat file and all was good again apart from needing to stretch the spring out a bit- I think this was from me leaving the mags loaded between airsoft days.*

So I now have a good supply of Hi capa mags which all lock the slide back when they should do. Happy days

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crusoe Find out more about Crusoe
                          Working...
                          X