KJW M92F - Leaky mags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KJW M92F - Leaky mags.

I tried last night. The gas is leaking from around the bottom plate as well as the valve. I pulled it all apart and the valve looks easy enough to fix/replace o-ring but the bottom plate seems to use grease as a seal. Is this just silcone grease?
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

should be. i've never come across anything other than silly in my mags. in my experience grease goes in the guns, not the mags.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

This has loads of it. The bottom plate has a proud square of metal that slips inside the mag casing. This is covered in grease. I can't see any other seal for this bit. Its leaking very badly, takes about 10 seconds to empty the mag. I'll try re-greasing it, if not liquid gasket will be used!!
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

I ordereD a kjw m9 last night so no doubt I'll be posting back in this section soon wanting a fix for the inevitable mag leaks
          sigpic

Comment

You could try putting ptfe tape under the oring, giving that a good lube too.

Comment

Good idea Hunter, I could wrap ptfe round the bottom plate insert piece as well. The good thing with the KJW is that the mags are £20 each so not the end of the world should it need completely replacing.

Comment

Hi my handy hint for leak free mags is always have gas in them that way the seal will stay tight and the rubber will not shrink because if you have your mags lying around say in the winter the rubber can shrink and crack then when you go to use then they leak .
                Its better to burn out than to fade away

Comment

I just had this problem, and I soaked the orings in silicon grease overnight and that fixed everything, give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                    This has loads of it. The bottom plate has a proud square of metal that slips inside the mag casing. This is covered in grease. I can't see any other seal for this bit. Its leaking very badly, takes about 10 seconds to empty the mag. I'll try re-greasing it, if not liquid gasket will be used!!

I've had this problem before, all i did was go to b&q grab a pack of o-rings put a very tight one on it and pop it back together, didnt put any oil or anything on it. Its been working well for the last 3-4 months.
                    Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Fixed about 9 magazines that where leaking from the bottom in a week for my squad by doing the following on a flat surface with edges encase anything small falls out of your mag you will be able to catch it.

############

~ Empty said magazine of any gas by either valve switch in small bursts or firing blanks then with valve switch then if needed remove magazine proud / bottom then slowly (and carefully) open the bottom using a screw driver (or a allen / hex key depending on your magazine)

~ Check the O-Ring on the section you have just removed from the magazine, if it appears to be intact then simply apply non-corrosive silicon oil (NOT WD-40), massage the oil into the O-Ring and spray a little into the valve in the mag bottom.

~ If your O-Ring has split, simply purchase a new one from a hardware store or your local airsoft stockist then also apply the silicon oil.

~ Feed a little gas through the valve, avoiding the jet towards your eyes, spray it away from yourself.

~ Redo up the magazine, making sure to tighten but not over-tighten the screws

~ Fill up your magazine pref with maintenance gas or abbey ultra gas, if you don't have these then use your normal gas

~ If all has gone well you should not have a leaky mag anymore =D

############

Hope this helps.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Hate to open up an old thread. But this is probably the fastest way to contact all you guys who know what you're talking about with M92Fs.

Ive had problems with the gas firing but no idea if its mags or the gun. 2 different mags, both ive submerged and dont appear to have any bubbles leaking out of the mags.

When the mags are filled as much as they will hold, it will fire 2 shots and then die off on the 3rd. Same everytime. The 2nd mag ive just bought and its the same with that. Any ideas what i can do? =[

Chris
                        Member of "Team-Kill" - Take one "from" the team.
                        Regular to: The Mall and Thunder Ranch
                        G&P M4 Special Forces + G&G TopTech Gen.2 MP5
                        KWA USP.45 Pistol + KWA Glock 18c
                        Warrior L96
                        Radio Controlled Explosive Car

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                        Working...
                        X