SCAR upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR upgrades

So, my SCAR has just arrived, and i have about four weeks till my next skirmish, beside a NPAS and mags what else should i order?
    I've been looking around and the only people who seem to make these NPAS kits are RA tech, however i've gone through their 20 pages of WE stuff and i'm a bit confused. Do i want http://en.ratech.com.tw/english/inde...=27&Itemid=119
    At the top of their page it says "RA TECH WE NPAS KIT FOR SCAR" yet directly below that it says "WE M4, Not for SCAR" however it says not for open bolt. (Think mine is open bolt)
    If some one could link to me which one it is then that would be great. (If the are any better retailers of the NPAS then that would be appreciated)
    Thanks

Re: SCAR upgrades

the Ra-tech npas for the WE rifles fits all the open bolt guns , I will pm you the correct npas when i find it
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

you want the NPAs that says its for "OPEN BOLT SYSTEM" and yes its the same for SCAR, M4, 416, G39 etc etc. its literally a little flot valve that goes inside the nozzle.

Tbh if you got the SCAR from a UK dealer, it should be 300 ish fps out the box, if so, dont touch it!

Only upgrades i would do to it personally are new barrel and hop rubber. the WE rubbers are a bit poo.

Also only use .25g bb's in it minimum. They dont shatter/deform as much.

Aside from that, dont change anything until it breaks. And if you are going to change a part of the trigger mech for steel, change it ALL for steel. Changing one part will wear the other parts MUCH faster.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

These are my upgrades so far:

Internal:

1) RA tech full trigger set
        2) RA tech NPAS
        3) Angry Gun recoil kit (short strokes it increasing ROF but for highest configuration removes bolt catch function.)
        4) RA tech 6.01 inner barrel with Ra tech hop rubber. (looking at upgrading to R-hop though)
        5) TSC hinge plate (replaces stock polymer hinge plate making it less likely to fail under heavy recoil)
        6) HPA magazine:
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...GBBR-PIC-HEAVY!

Scroll to the end of the thread to alternative off the shelf HPA setups.

External:

1) Magpul MIAD grip (has interchangeable rear plates to suit hand size)
        2) Magpul AFG2 (angled fore grip)
        3) Madbull PWS rail extension - ads plenty of rail space to the front of the scar and with the AFG lets you grip way out in front depending on you preferred stance.
        4) Magpull selector (hardly vital but had one thrown in on a job lot)
        5) Sightmark ultrashot reflex sight - real steel sight, will happily handle the recoil from the scar without losing zero (many cheapo sights wont) and is very reasonably priced. Got mine new for £70 shipped from states which is less than you will pay for a knock of eotech. Did a review you can find here: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...t-Reflex-Sight

Wish list:

1) RA Tech aluminium nozzle with NPAS
        2) RA Tech CNC heavy bolt and carrier
        3) RA Tech part #27 ( the aluminum TSC hinge plate only fixes half the problem. This replaces the stock WE pot metal part and is needed if you're going to push your SCAR up to 500fps for a DMR setup)
        4) Alyan Airsoft integral HPA system - lets you run AEG mags similar to Polarstar system.
        5) R-hop for longer ranges.

I recently got hold of a WE PDW so I might convert my SCAR to a DMR. At that point I'll probably look at the stock adapter which replaces the folding stock with a buffer tube like this:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ranygamer Find out more about ranygamer
        Working...
        X