Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Armalite build possible?

Hi guys of Zero-in,

I'm seeking some information and advice; is it possible to build a WA based GBBR from the ground up? If so , how much would it generally cost?

I have some experience with the inner workings of a WE M4 and have had to service and rebuild one so not completely out of practice when it comes to working with GBBR's.

Cheers

Elliott

Re: WA Armalite build possible?

It is completely possible, but in my opinion it would be much more expensive. Your main issue is no store will have every part in stock, so you would be buying from multiple shops all around the world.

Now my advice, as I'm doing something smiler now, and have done it before, is find your self the cheapest donor rifle. For instance if you find a G&P WOC challenge kit in stock, there approx 200 dollars and that comes with everything needed. Then find the fancy parts you want to go with it, that way you have all new parts and spares, which you can sell as new pretty much. At a much better price, whilst still technically building from the ground up.

That's what I would do anyway, but that's just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Also note that I find with the wa system mixing different manufacturers on the internal parts generally lead to issues. Again that's just my experience.

Hope this helps

Comment

Having done something pretty similar before, I can confirm the above, go for a donor rifle. Building from piece's becomes astronomically expensive fairly promptly, the only reason I was doing it was to get a look on a rifle with a 6 month wait for more stock to appear.
      Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I've had a look and found a few Challenge kits on E**** for around $210 shipped, so should be a good start when I get back to the Uk in October. Any recommendations as to which magazines to get? I know that there are a couple of different manufacturers out there

Comment

ProWin V2 mags and nothing else!

Don't bother getting a stock WA though, wait for the GHK (probably going to be awesome) or just suck it up and buy a ViperTech if you really must have a WA pattern one :P
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

As above pro wins v2 or the G&P pmags. Nothing else. Also one of the best things I ever got for my WOC was the G&P 150% spring set. It includes all new stronger trigger springs ect. There only about a tenner a set but we'll worth it.

Comment

Yup, definitely the prowin v2's, by far the best gas mags i've owned for any platform.
              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

^GHK CO2 mags work a treat too.. :p

Comment

ProWin V2s are hands-down the best gas magazines in airsoft. In terms of buying a WA GBBR, it would be a COLOSSAL error to try and build one entirely from parts from different manufacturers. The WA platform is quite old, not particularly advanced (in terms of being the closest possible copy inside and out of a RS AR-15, rather than just looking like one on the outside and being completely functional inside), and can be very finicky when it comes to tolerances and fit. It is one thing to service and reassemble a gun, and quite another to try and build one (even a Challenge Kit where all the parts are from the same manufacturer) from parts that have never been assembled before.

Personally, I would say that if you want a WA-pattern GBBR that works, buy a G&P WOC-X (the ones with the steel internals) or a Viper as a complete rifle. You'll have plenty of time to take it apart, clean, lubricate and reassemble it once you've got it, believe me; at least that way you'll know that it all fit together at one point.

Comment

I finished my G&P WOC works challenge kit a while ago, very good price and it was really interesting to put everything together by yourself. It come with a complete manual, I never had GBBR before but I did finished it and it fires!

I had 4 Pmags with it but there are some issues with them, 1 mag is a very tight fit and always vents. Never skirmished it apart from garden shooting, the hop is smashed into pieces.

It is definitely good fun to build one, if you are going to skirmish it I would wait for the new GHK M4.
                    sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ECjamster Find out more about ECjamster
                    Working...
                    X