marui desert eagle hop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marui desert eagle hop up

I've been having a few problems with my desert eagle but I can't work out how to disassemble the barrel and hop assembly to replace the hop rubber and possibly barrel. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: marui desert eagle hop up

Field strip the gun. Then remove the recoil springs from the bottom of the side.

Pull the front barrel part forward so the lugs on the back lower of it come through the lower part of the top slide, twist it and it snaps free. It feels horrid!

The turn over the barrel part and take out the screw in the bottom, then pull off the hop cover if it hasnt come off already.

Put a small screwdriver under the lugs you can clearly see where the outer barrel assy is locked into the hop unit, lift these off and the outer barrel frame should come off.

You are then left with the metal inner frame, with barrel and hop unit attached. Look into the hop as if looking through the barrel and you will see 2 small screws, undo them and bang, it all comes apart.

BUT

The hop rubber and barrel are bespoke for the Desert eagle, so you cant just fit any marui hop and barrel, it must be made for desert eagle. Im thinking the hop rubber needs cleaning as i have NEVER known one to fail. And putting a new inner barrel in will increase power a little so watch yourself, you might be left with a gun you cant skirmish.

HTH

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Re: marui desert eagle hop up

thanks very much. ill try cleaning it first but i can get hold of a new bespoke rubber and a nineball or pdi barrel made for it. It normally chronos under 300 anyway so putting a tightbore shouldnt put it over 350, id be amazed if it hit 320 lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJC Find out more about CJC
      Working...
      X