KWA Glock 18c jamming when loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA Glock 18c jamming when loading

Hi all hopefully there is a few KWA/KSC Glock experts on here to help me out....

I recently replaced several parts on my Glock in order to resolve an issue with it firing full auto regardless of the setting (common problem) and unfortunately that hasn't solved it but I also seem to have developed a new problem and I can't understand why or how.

When the slide and loading muzzle move forward to push a bb from the magazine into the hop assembly it seems the muzzle is almost going over the top of the bb, i'm not sure if that's normal as i've never paid particular attention to it before but also as the bb leaves the mag and goes to ride up the feeder ramp it seems to fall between the magazine lip and feeder ramp causing a jam as if they are out of line or something?

Anyone experienced something similar before?

Re: KWA Glock 18c jamming when loading

how the mag gap? doe it move up and down when loaded? warn mag catch maybe. or you have a broken lodeing ramp . can't search for my guides atm as photobucket is being durp

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

There is a little play/up & down movement when the mag is loaded I suppose if I just push the mag in tight and see if that has any impact. As for the loading ramp it's not in brilliant condition I did fit a 'uprated' shooters design (I think) one and the side part of it broke off after the first jam!

I'm not home again till the weekend but will try pushing the mag in tight see if it makes a difference although i'm sure I tried that, i'll also get a picture/video to help illustrate my problem.

It's got to be something daft as although these guns are a pain there's not all that much to them.

Comment

Ok so I think i've sussed the semi/full auto problem, even though I replaced part 260 & 261 it would seem there is still insufficient contact with part 92 to select semi only so i'll need to 'pack' 261 somehow.

Right as far as jamming is concerned it could well be the loading ramp as it is quite worn but just seems odd as this wasn't an issue before taking the thing apart to solve the semi/full auto problem!

Anyhow some pics, slide pulled back ready to release/load

and upon release

pull back slide

I did fit an 'uprated' loading ramp as part of the service and it lasted about 2 seconds

Comment

urgh it goes from bad to worse! a lug just broke off the loading nozzle when cyling (semi/full auto testing) . meh that's it i'm not going to spend anymore time or money on this pistol it just isn't worth it i'll put it in classifieds soon i think.

Comment

where are you located? if near Coventry I could have a ganders at it. got plenty of spairs

Comment

I'm in lincs pal which is a little too far to make it worthwhile cost wise but you know what I think I just found the problem and it's actually quite obvious! The loading nozzle was appearing to trap bbs before they went up the loading ramp and that's because there was a small piece missing from the end of it so it was pushing them out later than it should! God knows how it broke off though.

The missing part of nozzle

what it should be like

the part which broke off earlier when full auto cycling

to be fair ive had this pistol a long time and put alot of round through it, I guess it's only natural the plastic fatigues with age/use.
              Also had this random 'bit' on my desk god knows where that's come from.

New loading nozzle and loading ramp on order will update once fitted!
              Last edited by tiff_lee; 7 February, 2014, 20:50.

Comment

yeah that is normally the problem. could have just asked me I would have sold ya a nossel ^^; don't lose the pin and the rocket vlave

Comment

pah typical, you have a spare nozzle and loading ramp? mine was functional before but could do with replacement anyhow

Comment

Fitted new loading nozzle along with a few more replacement parts and now working fine thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

just checking up is it still going ok?

Comment

Hey Meddy, yeah all still good thanks I now also have full auto/semi working flawlessly for the first time in a LONG time.

Unfortunately one of my magazine gas release valve o seals is a little worn and the ones I had in the shed (generic o seal set) although the correct diameter was too thick, is there anywhere that sells o rings just for the release valves?

Comment

eBay just type in KSC oring though I found just flipping the oring can extend its life a little bit

Comment

I could swear I tried that but obviously not as I just found the o seal set to service 4 magazines. I never realised the fill valve should have an external o seal to stop gas spilling everywhere when full! I always thought that was normal ><

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tiff_lee Find out more about tiff_lee
                            Working...
                            X