HELP TM G17 and P226 Barrel Upgrade - Not working now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP TM G17 and P226 Barrel Upgrade - Not working now

Hi there, I wonder if you could possibly help me.

I own a TM G17 which has a Guarder metal slide, 150% recoil spring and upgraded trigger hammer.

I have had it like that for over a year without any problems.

Yesterday I purchased a tight bore barrel for it and the P226 (nine ball 6.03 barrel). I watched a couple of videos of how to replace the barrel and it looked quite straight forward. I very carefully took the hop up unit apart and changed the barrel as per the video guides. I put everything back together and tested it, unfortunately, the bbs were just dropping from the barrel without any pressure, I double checked everything and found that the bbs (20grams, 0.6mm blasters) were just getting stuck on the barrel and were not going through it freely. I opened the hop up unit again and play with the hop up rubber until the bb was going through without getting stuck. Now it fires every other round, sometimes 2-3 in a row but still get a few bbs that just drops off the barrel.

The TM P226 its a brand new unit which i just test it to chrono to see if it gained any fps with the new barrel, exactly the same thing happened, but this one will not fire any bbs at all, they just roll down the barrel. This is completely standard and like i said, in brand new condition, i have tried many times to take it apart and put together carefully, but still cant get to the bottom of it. everything looks as it should be and I dont know what else to look for. Many thanks in advance for any help/advise you might be able to give me.

Re: HELP TM G17 and P226 Barrel Upgrade - Not working now

BUMP for this because I have EXACTLY the same problem with mine. :P Upgraded both the WEs with the Nine Ball 6.03mm tightbore barrel, and Nine Ball purple hop rubbers.

First time I used one of them (on a cold day, some might say) the gun simply vented and the BBs were shooting out a rather puny 20cm before hitting the floor. Blamed it on the poor weather.

Upgraded the second one in the same way, and no venting this time (in fact, they both shoot well now out of the cold), but sometimes the bb will simply roll out of the barrel when the slide comes forward. Any help with this would be appreciated. To the OP, and anyone reading this, I am starting to think that perhaps the nozzle itself may be pushing the bb partially through the hop rubber when the slide comes back. What do you think?
    TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

hi mate,try putting the standard spring back in,my 226 wont fire with 150% spring but its fine with the standard.

Comment

I ended up taking both pistols to an airsoft shop in highgate and the boys there had a quick look and fixed them within 10mins. Apparently the problem was that i pushed in the ho up rubber too far in the inner barrels grove/cut that goes around the barrel where the hop up sits. He basicly just pull thr hop up rubber a little bit, put it back together and it was all working fine again with both pistols!! I couldnt believe it,
        After taking them apart approximately 20 times each, the fix was such simple thing.

Comment

always the way,lol,still all sorted now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fresauk Find out more about Fresauk
          Working...
          X