Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM glock 18c hi cap mags

Hi Guys,
    I recently rebuilded my 50rd mag, noticed that it has small tube inside which goes from the fill valve to about half length of the mag, does anyone know whats the purpose of that tube?
    From what it looks like it is some kind of restriction to only fill it to half of the capacity? I did not want to do anything with it(yet) but I am considering cutting half of it off or removing it completely so I can fill whole mag with gas.
    Cheers for advice!
    Andy

Re: TM glock 18c hi cap mags

Have you ever thought that if tm put it there then it's ment to be there? Lol

I could only guess as to its use but it properly has something to do with dispersing the gas into the mag evenly.
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Hehe yes, but it can be the same with catalytic converters and other restrictive crap on cars and bikes! The fact that manufacturers placed it there does not mean it will not be better without them! :-) Asking because I don't want to break it if I'm wrong. :-) I guess I will have to try and see if I will get more
      gas in the mag without that pipe.
      When refilling it - mag gets cold only half of the length so in theory - if I cut that pipe - more liquid gas will fit into the mag. I did not open my meu hi cap mag yet so not sure if that one is the same or no.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is important, I can't remember exactly why but I remember reading about it. I'll have to report back after some research - something about the change from liquid to gas I think. The part is called a siphon tube if I remember correctly.

EDIT

Got it! Though it was something to do with the gas/liquid levels.

As you charge the magazine with gas, the long inlet valve controls the ratio between liquid/gaseous propellant in the magazine. This is necessary in all gas operated guns, because the BB is shot by the pressure of the gas, not the expansion rate of liquid into gas. After charging the magazine, the level of the liquid gas does not reach the intake tube, so you won't get liquid into the main valve no matter which way around you turn the magazine.
        That isn't very useful as it refers to a WA M4 mag which can be fired from any angle, but I think the basic idea stands. It's a total guess, but maybe as you fill the mag upside down the liquid fills the mag, until it is at the same level as the top of the tube, where it then starts spraying liquid back out. That's how you know it's full enough. If this theory is right, shortening it would allow more liquid gas capacity, but that may be bad for the gun/mag as it would allow pressures to exceed what it was designed for. Or it might just spew liquid gas out when fired. No idea!
        Last edited by Apurturesci; 10 February, 2014, 21:29.

Comment

This is exactly what I thought about, so if I cut that tube to half of its length - I will still have that gas gap and will have more liquid gas in the mag! Small mags don't have this tube so thats why asking. Doubt it will increase the pressure as it is the same gas so pressure will not raise it will just have more capacity and that is what I'm after!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andrewzzz Find out more about Andrewzzz
          Working...
          X