MK23 purge valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK23 purge valves

I have recently started to notice a few leaks in my TM mk 23 socom mags.
    I know this is sometimes a problem with the purge valves. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to seal them or disable them or whatever needs to be done to them. Is this a simple mod or will I need new parts.

Re: MK23 purge valves

Fixed about 9 magazines that where leaking from the bottom in a week for my squad by doing the following on a flat surface with edges encase anything small falls out of your mag you will be able to catch it.

############

~ Empty said magazine of any gas by either valve switch in small bursts or firing blanks then with valve switch then if needed remove magazine proud / bottom then slowly (and carefully) open the bottom using a screw driver (or a allen / hex key depending on your magazine)

~ Check the O-Ring on the section you have just removed from the magazine, if it appears to be intact then simply apply non-corrosive silicon oil (NOT WD-40), massage the oil into the O-Ring and spray a little into the valve in the mag bottom.

~ If your O-Ring has split, simply purchase a new one from a hardware store or your local airsoft stockist then also apply the silicon oil.

~ Feed a little gas through the valve, avoiding the jet towards your eyes, spray it away from yourself.

~ Redo up the magazine, making sure to tighten but not over-tighten the screws

~ Fill up your magazine pref with maintenance gas or abbey ultra gas, if you don't have these then use your normal gas

~ If all has gone well you should not have a leaky mag anymore =D

############

Hope this helps.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

uhh yeah....

It could be the bottom o ring/seal or the safety valve.

First you'll need to remove the base plate of the magazine (de gas it first)
      At the bottom there are 3 pin's on one side and two on the other - Two push through and 1 blind pin.

The push through pins can be drifter out with a hammer and a drift pin/blunted-rounded screwdriver. All the pins go in from the same side - so you want to push them from
      the side with 2 pins out of the side with 3 pins. The push through pins have friction groves on them which are easiest pushed out this way 9all pins are inserted from the same side)

The blind pin is an anti tamper device basically (Marui would rather you buy a new magazine)- you will need to drill it out.
      Either center your drill over it and drill it out completely- This will take some care as you will need to stay centered and not go too deep or you'll hit the fill valve area.

OR as i do now drill off center to a depth of 2 - 4 mm and pop /twist it out 9much easier IMHO)

The base plate is now free to come away from the magazine
      Warning!

The pressure release valve spring will fly out - place the mag in a plastic bag or a container with a lid to keep all the parts from pinging off. Not an issue if your bypassing it. The BB feed spring and BB follower will also make an attempt at escape too.

If your bypassing the release valve get some liquid metal/epoxy resin and mix it to fill the valve space (clean thoroughly and degrease it before pouring in the filler of your choice) if your no the re seat the valve small O-ring innermost, Brass valve pin next then spring (don't forget a dob of silicone grease)

The Base plate O-ring can usually be saved - remove it and used plenty of silicone grease on it's seating grove. turn the o ring (yes i know it looks square!) upside down and re seat it and add more silicone grease. if you can find a correct sized replacement from B&Q or such you can replace it. (I've had very few problems with the "flipping" method)

Re insert the base plate in the magazine body - pull the bb feed spring out of the way and push the base plate in - there will be some resistance as the seal is actively pushing against the inner faces of the magazine.
      The base plate will go so far before becoming tight - place the magazine upright on a solid flat surface and push down to seat it. you'll probably find that the last 1.5 mm - 1 mm is very hard to get into the mag.

Replace the pins - smooth end in first form the 3 hole side - again you'll probably need to keep pushing the magazine body and base plate together -especially the last few mm of re seating the fixing pin's - you need to keep pushing them together (I find having the mag upright and pushing down on a solid surface with your body weight works well!) and tapping the pins the last few mm home.

The Mag should be gas tight now (if you want you can fill the blind pin's removal hole with epoxy/liquid metal - may be an arse though if you need to do this again)

on;ly use silicone grease and always keep the mags gassed up and stored properly 9not left in the cold/garage/shed - nor kept next to the boiler/on top of a rad. Too hot or too cold id a gas mag killer - room temperature is best)

Comment

Thanks Guys I will give it a go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shot lots My job is so secret even I dont know what I am doing Find out more about shot lots
        Working...
        X