TM g17 wont lock back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM g17 wont lock back

so i racked the slide and it refused to slide back, i eventually managed to get it back and decided to take the slide off to see if i could see the issue, this resulted in me removing the components.
    Unfortunatley the trigger and everything attached to the horizontal pin the trigger is attached to fell out, i then put it back together in what i believed to be the correct way.... HOWEVER. The slide now does not lock back with 2 of my 4 mags, its these mags exclusivley it does this with, both are WE gas tight mags, it works fine with one of my other WE mags and is also fine with the TM mag i have.

Im assuming this is down to weak magazine feeding springs being unable to put enough force on the slide catch however thought i would include what happened prior incase it could be down to the way i put it back together

Regards

Ben

Re: TM g17 wont lock back

it takes a minute force to push the slide stop up in the way of the slide. are you sure the slide catch spring is seated correctly?

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

well the spring pushing the slide catch up is in the magazine and i havent touched the magazine so i assume that its seated correctly

Comment

Take the slide off and test it with the Mag to see if it pushes up the slide stop correctly

If it seems week pull the magazine apart and stretch the Spring slightly to give it a little bit more force end of its movement

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Does it lock back when cycling it manually? There is a spring that hols the catch downwards, if you assembled it wrong it could be holding it down with too much force.

Comment

Mag may have had the little bit of plastic wear down or break off - this makes the slide stay back.

Comment

The slide is caught when manually racked, the miss installation if the spring is something I thought might be causing the issue but I dont think it is

Magazine spring streching may be the best go to as I have other mags its fine with which would suggest its the mags fault

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben_almighty Find out more about Ben_almighty
              Working...
              X