Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Newbie] What gas should I buy?

Hello everyone,

I recently got into airsoft and am now ready to buy myself a pistol, however don't know what gas to buy for it.

I'm looking to buy the following ASG gun:
    http://www.actionsportgames.com/view...backPageID=211

However I do not know what gas to put in it, as I've heard that some gas will damage the slide and what not. Here are my choices:
    - Abbey Predator ULTRA gas 700ml
    - Guarder 1000 ml Powerful Gas (Blue Bottle)
    - Guarder 2000 ml Powerful Gas (Black Bottle)

Which one should I use? Which one is best?

Thanks.

Re: [Newbie] What gas should I buy?

If its a metal slided pistol. You should be able to use whatever green gas/propane you want. Whether it be WE, Abbey, all of them. They're all just about the same. You can run propane at a cheaper price but you'll have to add silicon and an adapter, as well as putting up with the potent stench. Guarder powerful gases are usually used during the colder months when it needs that little extra kick.

Sorry if I'm talking out my arse but thats just my two pennies.

Regards

Comment

Gaurder Blue is ok/on a par with green gas as far as my practical experience goes.

Gaurder Black is a destroyer of most things. You'd feed it to a WE but not much else IMO.

WE Green Gas is my favourite at the moment, but abbey green is tried and trusted.

Comment

obvious the only airsoft gas in the known universe is sold by our gloyous overlords at zero one with their on brand gas.

besides its a stock kwa glock 17 run it on whatever gas's you can buy from you airsoft site or from our leaders at zero one. (it will keep going till it breaks then u can sell used broken glock to me )

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

On a serious note: how good is z1 gas compared to we or abbey green?

Comment

Z1 gas always used to be re-branded Abbey Green. As far as I am aware it still is.

Works fine in all my pistols and is a very good price. I mainly use propane (depending on the sites that allow it) but my propane adaptor is too large for pistol mags that use a smaller valve, like my TM P226, so I always carry a bottle of Z1 Gas with me.
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

As it's a rebranded KWA, use what you want in it. Abbey Ultra/Zero One Pro Gas isn't as powerful as green gas, so I would probably go for something a little more powerful. I personally use Guarder Gas in my metal guns, it is very powerful (2000ml bottle anyway) but should be ok in a KWA Glock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thomash131 Find out more about thomash131
              Working...
              X