Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kjw kc-02 npas

After a bit of advice,

Looking at getting a KJW KC-02, but the high fps is a bit of a worry, anyone know where i can get an NPAS from in the UK, (Ive heard that a KJW M4 NPAS will fit, but i cant find one in the UK) or how else i could lower the fps so it was usable?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Kjw kc-02 npas

I just got one. Mine Chrono'd at ~400fps on green out of the box, but there are a number of other issues that you have to address before its skirmishable. The stock hop is just terrible, you'll need the FE or RA-Tech one. The FPS is massively inconsistent as well (about 30fps variance), you want a TSC Piston with a size 8 O-Ring in to improve that, and the NPAS doesn't hurt either, especially if you want to play without an MED or your site has odd rules about DMRs. This may not be the complete list, but it's as far as I've got and am waiting for the parts. I've not gone with a new inner barrel yet, but many do. None of this is available in the UK. All mine are en-route from HK.

Some others are getting a lot of joy out of going down the HPA route.

There is a very informative facebook group.

I can't provide you with any links though, as it is against forum rules to link to or mention any other retailers.

Comment

you will find the m4 NPAS on the asian sites. Don't forget to get a NPAS adjustment tool as well. For new hop rubbers and inner barrels try the A+ brand.
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Is the end result something thats worth going for, or is it a bit of a waste of money?

Comment

£400 in I ruddy hope it will be!

Will keep you posted, npas came in today, new piston soonish, then put it all together and see.

Comment

I've had mine for a while now, have a full RA TECH sniper kit and Ra Tech hop rubber, TSC piston which I ported and replaced the o-ring. I also modded the hop arm and spent ages on a range trying to get a good balance.

I find the fps variance too high to be an effective sniper, I have gone through whole mags trying to hit a target just beyond regular AEG range and hit nothing but air :-( . As a sub 350 fps gun I think it would be better as its very accurate on the 40-50 yard ranges but then you will get hammered by the hi-cap brigade!

I love my KC-02 but if I could do it again I would get a semi auto aeg like RS SVD as its just more consistent which is the most important part of any sniper rifle. Also the short mags are pretty poor at holding gas over time - relaced and fixed too many now its not even funny! Haven't tried long or C02 mags though so can't comment.

Comment

Cheers for the advice lads. How easy is it to import the necessary parts into the UK?

Comment

Most of he RA Tech gear comes from Hong Kong but there is a UK based retailer who stocks some bits........ I can't mention there name due to forum rules though.

Comment

here are my 10/22's below. I don't find the inconsistent FPS some people get but that might just be luck. Internally I usually change the inner barrel, hop rubber and give the bolt a bit of a clean up. CO2 mags work well but all the mags suffer from leaky seals if left to long without gassing. it's worthwhile leaving a little gas in the mag if in storage.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Arbiter Find out more about Arbiter
                  Working...
                  X