Mk1 carbine help appreciated greatly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1 carbine help appreciated greatly.

20140319_205153.jpg20140319_205206.jpg20140319_205230.jpg20140319_205239.jpg20140319_205250.jpg20140319_205402.jpg

this is where i am and where i have had no futher progress can some one point me in the right direction with making a silencer/suppressor.
    I like what I see. I like what I build. when my inspiration strikes so do my weapons.

Re: Mk1 carbine help appreciated greatly.

Do you want it just for looks or to be functional too?

The MK1s are the second quietest gun I know of (MK23 NGBB being No. 1)

Comment

Functional. It has a real snap to the shot on propane.
      I like what I see. I like what I build. when my inspiration strikes so do my weapons.

Comment

Inner tube need more holes mate. I would go mental with a drill at the front (barrel end) first off. Then get yourself some plastic tube that will go over the connectors (use plastic also, cheaper and round instead of hex) then you want to get some foam that would normally package computer motherboards as its nice and thin. Wrap that around the brass tube and cut it short enough so it fills the space bit not tightly. Make rings of it ----- like that so you can do individual wraps to pack it down.

Then at the end of the tube, drill 4 holes right through the plastic collar and theres ya gas escape if there is any left.

Thats what id do mate, and it will be much lighter.

Couplers i speak of here
        http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-f...ack-of-5/43278

(sorry mods if this breaks rules but its not an airsoft company?)

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

you wouldn't happen to be able to sketch what you mean and post up for me I understand what you are saying up to the point of "make rings of it". also do I need to drop a size further down than fifteen for the inner tube?

and do you mean replace the conex for plastic connectors.

and apologies to the mods. I uploaded this thread in the "pictures of your guns" listing because it is a work in progress like my M4 I inadvertently asked for the teck help for the silencer the rest of the mods I am going to be doing are for aesthetics and function that I want it to perform to. (and off my own back).

apologies to the mods and thanks for moving my thread rather than deleting.
          Last edited by smallebee; 20 March, 2014, 17:17. Reason: slight wording.

Comment

I am getting a adapter machined by a local company. can any one suggest a good suppressor silencer.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

smallebee Find out more about smallebee
            Working...
            X