Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Magpul FPG shooting left.... Help tried everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul FPG shooting left.... Help tried everything.

Guys, is it a common problem that kwa glocks shoot left? My magpul fpg which is effectively a extended barrel kwa g18 is and it's bugging me. I've stripped it, changed the rubber, cleaned the barrel and everything but it's still doing it. I have a feeling it's just how it is but it's annoying as hell!

Has anyone experienced this? Or have any other ideas? I've got a tightbore on the way to see if that helps. But I think either the inner or outer barrel actually must be pointing to the left or something. I'm using the carry handle sights by the way.

Re: Magpul FPG shooting left.... Help tried everything.

The hop unit could be slightly titled, a tiny angle can offset your shot, or as you said the inner barrel could be slightly off. Or maybe, as unlikely as it sounds, you could be holding it at a slight angle when shooting which would cause it to swerve left.

Comment

Have you tried taking human error out....ie using a gun rest or similar? If you snatch the trigger it will send your round off course, right handed person snatching the trigger would most likely send the round left. As said above slight twist in the hop could cause said problem.
      KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

I'm left handed lol. It's not so much curving left but starts left in the first place if that's makes sense. Like it fires straight but just to the left.

It's not my shooting I also have a WE glock and a Marui gas mp7 that fire dead straight along with my various AEG's :/

Comment

Until my nozzle snapped in two (whole full mag vented just as it fired ...) mine was fine.

Could it be a slight bend in the barrel ? (at which point your tight bore should fix things).

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
            The hop unit could be slightly titled, a tiny angle can offset your shot, or as you said the inner barrel could be slightly off. Or maybe, as unlikely as it sounds, you could be holding it at a slight angle when shooting which would cause it to swerve left.
            I agree, check your hop.
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

I have I've had the hop completely into all it's separate bits and checked everything is straight and aligned.

I'm starting to lean towards it being the outer barrel in the slide as it wobbles to the left but doesn't really move to the right hmm

Comment

It's the hop. When you turn the dial the whole thing twists, kwas old hop unit design is poor at best.

Source: both of my glocks, and every other kwa/ksc glock I've worked on.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks Dave, this is the confirmation I've been looking for. I've ordered a Maple Leaf Evo II hop up set to replace the whole damn kwa thing

Comment

I need to order one for each of my glocks as well!
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotty H Find out more about Scotty H
                    Working...
                    X