1911 WE/SG Compatability with Guarder and TM Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 WE/SG Compatability with Guarder and TM Parts

Right i have been upgrading the fps of my WE 1911 for some time now and im very pleased with the results but now the stock slide for the 1911 is getting annoying and id like to change it out fir a guarder one and all the stuff i have read contradicts itself so anyone who has experience with this can they reply please.
    Can i use a guarder slide or not? if i can does it have to be a hi-cappa slide because that's what i have been reading... thanks
    Last edited by Benp80; 23 March, 2014, 13:25. Reason: needed to add 1911
    If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Re: 1911 WE/SG Compatability with Guarder and TM Parts

A guarder 1911 slide will not work. That's for sure.

I have read reports that the WE/SG's are built to Hi-Capa proportions. Wether or not this means a Guarder Hi-Capa slide will work I have no idea. If I were you. Next time you're on site, ask someone who has a TM Hi-Capa if you can borrow their slide to see if it fits your 1911. If it does, then bobs your uncle a Guarder one will fit too.

Comment

yeah ill do that thanks HuntR
      If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

I built a capa for someone with a WE lower and a TM Capa slide.

Also helped build a WE capa lower for a mate with a TM MEU slide.

The 1911 WE lower i cannot confirm, but the 1911/meu TM slides have an added metal frame guide in them that needs to be removed to fit on WE capa lowers. I also understand the WE 1911/MEU have the same frame lock set up as the WE Hi Capa series.

SO.....

The Guarder slide SHOULD fit by process on elimination if you was to buy a Guarder slide made for a TM Hi Capa. Not a TM 1911/MEU

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benp80 Find out more about Benp80
        Working...
        X