Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE GBB M4 conversion to Emag?

Hi all,

I have a WE HK416 open bolt, and I also have so e RS Emags. Now I know that a editor of a magazine had converted RS Emags to hold TM recoil internals, is it possible to do this for gas mags?

I haven't got the RIF and mags to hand, due to being erm away

Has anyone done this before?

Any help would be great, failing that I might just bite the bullet and give it a go.

Couple of my 416......

image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks

Rik

Re: WE GBB M4 conversion to Emag?

Cant imagine it would be that hard. The WE metal shells are just that, nothing special or unqiue inside them. Only issue could be how to secure them inside

Comment

I would have to see if the mag release holds them as I've tried a metal mag and the hole for the catch is off, however that's because RS will have the ears to hold the rounds in.

Comment

Should just be a case of trimming the top of the mag to mag catch to the same length as the WE m4 mags.
        As for securing them if it's a decent friction fit then you may not need to secure them at the bottom of the mag

Comment

I've done both P and E mag conversions from real steel shells for people in the past. It's not difficult to fit the WE mag internals, but removing the ridges on the inside of the P mags is rather time consuming. You also need to be very, very careful to chop the top of the magazine shell at the right height.

Comment

Why dont just buy the WE Pmags
            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
              Why dont just buy the WE Pmags
              PMAGS require modification to fit in a HK416.
              IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Because WE Pmags have an outer shell made from awful materials. Just like all WE plastics - crap :-/

Comment

Well thats just not true.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Comment

absolutely not true , they are the same as any Pmag and thicker than real pmags

Most WE gbb plastics are actually real plastics used on full bore rifles

Comment

WE actually uses nylon fibre not plastic, for the most part anyway.

TM on the other hand some of their plastics are truley shocking.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Comment

I can vouch for TM, they Are shit!
                        Theres a video by ra tech showing that the PMags dont fit, i think you have shave the mag down

"Assumption is mother of all fuck ups!"
                        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                          absolutely not true , they are the same as any Pmag and thicker than real pmags

Most WE gbb plastics are actually real plastics used on full bore rifles
                          Can you explain why every single WE M4/M16 GBBR i've worked on (for either myself, or others) has come as standard with shockingly appalling plastic pistol grip and stock (and handguards if just a regular M4). WE, like TM, are far behind the likes of G&P, CA or G&G when it comes to the quality of the materials they use for these components on their AR GBBR line.

As to the P-Mags. Have you actually put a real P-Mag and WE P-Mag next to each other? The materials that WE use are inferior to the real deal. End of story.

Comment

i have both sat here . The same as I have both WE GBB plastics right next to real colt plastics and i can assure you they are the same . So much so they have the same mold markings .

I tried converting some WE mags to real Emags and the curve of the cassette does not fit sadly

Agreed on TM plastic and most aeg plastics in general though , they are shit but not as shit as early M16 plastics which were really bad (i have some of those too)

In fact the nicest real plastics are H&K

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bullit4105 Find out more about Bullit4105
                            Working...
                            X