Propane..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane..

Heya guys. I believe propane is more powerful than green gas, right? I want to test it in two of my guns.

My first gun is my Tanaka umbrella magnum revolver. Seeing as this gun naturally doesn't have a slide, is it safe to use propane in it or will that damage it in other ways?

Secondly is my fully upgraded TM desert eagle. Here are the upgrades I've fitted to it:

*Guarder electroplated silver metal slide and frame
    *KM 6.04 tightbore barrel
    *Guarder polycarbonate loading muzzle
    *Guarder high flow valve
    *Real Hogue rubber grips
    *Freedom Art glow sights

If I use propane in this, would the gun get wrecked? The only things I can see breaking would be the loading muzzle and perhaps the spring/spring guide, due to the immense power of the slide recoil. The metal slide and frame can take it but the other parts might not. It can handle warmed green gas at 350-360 FPS, I assume Propane would get it up to about 400.

Re: Propane..

Propane is barely any more powerful. People use it because it's cheaper. They claim it's more powerful, because it makes them sound big. Green is propane based, with a very small lubricant percentage.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Re: Propane..

Green gas is propane.

as 'Dope on a rope' says above, the difference is that green gas has silicone oil in it and does not has the smell added to it like consumer propane.

The power difference should on average be nil. However, I think I do get slighter better performnace with Green gas possibly due to the fact that it's held under higher pressure than domestic propane. If it's under higher pressure, it will (or perhaps should) fill your gas mag up more efficiently than consumer propane.

A trick I use is to keep you mags in the fridge- towards the front so that they don't get too near 0 celcius which will not be good for your rubber seals. Keep your propane cylinder in a warm room which is around 20 celcius.

When the mags are nice and cold - they should be approx at 5 celcius in the fridge after an hour or so, quickly fill them with the relatively warm (and therefore much higher pressure) propane/Green gas. The propane (or Green gas) will fill those mags far more efficiently since the air pressure in the mags will be minimal.
      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
      Working...
      X