Gasses and powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasses and powers

Before everyone hates on me and tells me to search I have tried, and google'd and generally failed :p

I was advised to use 144a in my KSC mp9 as the internals are designed for that.
    It works brilliantly at room temperature, but after with the cool down or any time recently I have left a magazine outside (to test not negligence) it starts missing shots, bolt flies back and chambers another round but nothing comes out the barrel until the gun is pointed down then they fall out.
    Also when this is happening the slide locks back intermittently at the end of the mag. But at room temperature it will always lock back regardless of which magazine I'm using.

I have discovered that using ASG ultrair gas functions as I expect even with the mags straight out of the fridge.

Am I fine to carry on using the ultrair during the cooler months? Or will the gun smash its internals into millions of tiny pieces?

The real question here (evetually) is that I am looking to get a propane adapter to use with my pistols and save money. Is ultrair the same power as propane (except the lack of lubricant)?
    The bottle lists propane and butane as its ingredients.

Re: Gasses and powers

KSC stuff is built for 144a gas only really. But then the japs have much nicer weather than us, so i would use the Zero One gas in it which is Abbey Ultra re branded which is great gas. Is the happy medium between green gas and propane.

I haven't had a lot of dealings with Ultra Air but i always thought it was green gas so propane with lube in it.

If you are looking at using propane in the MP9 though, just get a KWA nozzle in there and it wont crack. The KSC ones are known to be weak and could break under propane, or do what i do, use it till it breaks and then replace lol

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

With any gas gun really , just use the gas that powers it best. It's always the pressure/power that causes damage. Not the chemicals in them.

So if you use green gas in the summer but winter it starts to suck, you'd be fine to use propane

Comment

Thanks guys, Is the nozzle the weakest part in the gun, beacause I already broke that and replaced it with the dirty army one

Comment

If its a new nozzle in there you'll probable be fine using Propane aslong as its not a baking hot day. Id take extreme caution using it above 22C or so in the winter youll be fine for sure. Dans right on the Abbey/Z1 gas though.

Comment

134a<144a<Ultraair<Predator<Green<Nuprol2<propane< Nuprol3<Guarder<MAPP in general in my experience.

(i hope i put those all in the right place, lots of names, lots of numbers....)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

as if by MAGIC here is sopmething special

link:
              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ultrairgas.pdf

SAFETY DATA SHEET
              Created: 30. Jan. 2008 Date of revision: 30. Jan. 2008 Date of printing: 31-01-2008
              Product Name: ULTRAIR POWER GAS Version no.: 1

3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS:
              Contains:
              CAS number: EC-no.: %: Chemical Name: Classification: Note:
              74-98-6 200-827-9 90% propane Fx R12
              butane (containing >= 0,1
              % butadiene (203-450-8))
              106-97-8 203-448-7 10% Fx R12

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I do believe Nuprol 3 has a higher PSI than Propene/MAPP

Comment

Yeh I know for fact i'm not going anywhere near Nuprol with this gun :P

Thanks that breakdown is really interesting, I would guess the butane would reduce the power. Hence its less powerful than propane alone.
                  Anyone ever tried a similar thing using lighter butane and propane?

Comment

Butane is far too weak, I tried some in an old tatty acm pistol wouldnt even cycle the slide! Mixing gave mad results high power, then wont cycle and a middle ground and all sorts.

Comment

But mixing is literally what asg have done with ultrair! I suppose its impossible for us to get exactly ten percent into a mag fill.
                      I'll try it on green for a bit and if it holds up I'll invest in the propane adapter but for now i'll pay far too much for my gas like I have for a few years

Comment

meh been using plumbers propane for a while now as well as coleman's camping can, been fine only difference is the stenchent in it is less in the plumbers gas.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I've used duster gas before in my guns requiring lower power gas

Comment

Duster is 144a isnt it? Or compressed air?

Comment

I was researching duster recently and a lot of american forums have duster as 134a (but as i thought that was now restricted in uk I don't know what is in our duster gasses!)

I know it's definitely not compressed air though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pepperisit Find out more about Pepperisit
                              Working...
                              X