Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM based kimber covert not firing

Hey,

I recently bought a broken TM based kimber covert, but haven't managed to get it working. I've got no idea what the problem is, but it's not firing. The hammer cocks and releases, but it just doesn't fire. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

Re: TM based kimber covert not firing

Have a look in the mag well with the slide off, there will be a bit of metal that strikes the mag valve, this could be stuck in or not resetting, there will be 2 metal pieces sticking out the top of the lower frame just in front of the hammer, one allows the hammer to release, the other resets the metal bit in the mag well that strikes the mag valve. Make sure this is working.
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion, that all seems to be working fine though.....not sure if it's just because of the metal kit, but the slides really difficult to put back on after field stripping it, the barrel gets stuck too far forward. No idea if that's somehow connected to it not firing though?

Comment

You have to make sure the barrel is not at an angle when refitting the slide.
        Make sure the lug at the bottom of the chamber is at exactly 90 degrees or the slide will not pull far enough back to fit the slide stop, I normally hold the slide upside down and fit the frame to it to make sure the barrel doesn't rotate at all as I close my Kimber.

I would suggest stripping the gun down to the last piece and follow a video tutorial ( La Zouche ) to put it back together to make sure it's all assembled correctly.

Comment

Great, thanks for that. I'll have a go at stripping it down and re assembling it. Really appreciate your help

Comment

Ok, so stripped it down and rebuilt it but it's still not firing, any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kc1990 Find out more about kc1990
            Working...
            X