Tm m1911 help wont fire a full mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm m1911 help wont fire a full mag

Basicallt brought a tokyo marui m1911 few months back prob used it for 4 skirmishes for some reason it seems to vent a fair bit of gas on a single cycle of the gun in turn causes it to not even fire a full mag when i had no problems with it firing a full mag when i brought it new and the weather was lot colder...
    Does or has anyone encounter this problem before is it the type of gas im using which is abbey 144a
    Or is it to do with something else thanks in advance

Tom

Re: Tm m1911 help wont fire a full mag

Hey
    It's very common that 1911's don't fire a full mag, you will fid most people including myself only half fill the mags with bb's to make sure it shoots the lot.
    Do you clean and relube the gun often? This should make it more gas efficient.
    Only other thing I would recommend is using a stronger gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do clean it often, what gas would you recommend

Comment

Personally I use dry propane and maintain my mags when needed. Wouldn't like to comment on brands of green gas since I only used cybergun (before I swapped to propane) and that was crap.

Comment

With my pistol being tm and plastic wouldnt of thought it could cope with propane

Comment

I won't straight up say 'it's a myth' that they can't handle propane, but I can say I don't know anybody having issues with tm guns and propane. Even if you were very unlucky to have a break/ crack replacement slides are easy to come by. So I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Oh right are the standard internals good enough to handle propane?

Comment

I have used propane in all my TM pistols with no reportable explosions etc. The 1911 is one of their strongest designs. Green gas in fine though or the Zero One gas as its Abbey Ultra.

Try getting yourself a PDI winter (white) piston head in there, as the stock ones are a little poor. Also make sure the mag valve is lubed up and moves nice and freely. This is a massive common cause of pistols not firing properly.

The 1911/MEU is prone for not finishing a mag, especially when its a little bit cold. Stock id only load in 18 rounds and when i metal kitted mine, 12-14.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Thanks for your advice guys

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
                    Try getting yourself a PDI winter (white) piston head in there
                    So would you rate these? I have heard mixed things about them while poking around the web ( most being from users in the us).

Comment

There are many many other piston heads out there and everyone will prase/slag off the same one.

I have found the stock WE metal piston head gave me the best felt recoil and zero venting from the back of the pistol. But finding them is a mare!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tomm Find out more about Tomm
                      Working...
                      X