X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE HK416 Bolt carrier getting stuck on hammer

Hey guys,

I got a WE HK416 open bolt.

I installed the Angry Gun recoil kit and shot a few hundred rounds through it. Now the bolt carrier gets stuck on the hammer everytime it gets pulled back and travels forward again (At the bottom of the carrier, behind the gas nozzle. Kinda in the middle-bottom part ) I can not push it to the front again. If I remove the rear pin and open the upper a few mm, the bolt carrier moves across the hammer to the front.

The bolt carrier had a groove a bit off the middle on the underside. I sanded it smooth again, but it's still getting stuck.

Any ideas? Did someone else have the same problem? Should I buy a new bolt carrier or just try to sand it down more (at a flatter angle maybe). Should I get a steel bolt carrier or just a normal one and remove the Angry Gun recoil? (I'm afraid the steel bolt carrier will end up smashing the receiver.

BTW: Do you think it would be possible to short stroke the gun to where the bolt carrier does not travel far enough back, so that the front of the bolt carrier does not move behind the hammer?

Re: WE HK416 Bolt carrier getting stuck on hammer

Screw your buffer tube in a few more turns.
    99% of the time it's the BGC travelling too far due to the buffer tube being removed and not replaced properly, in your case it could be the recoil kit that's slightly shorter than the stock one.
    If that doesn't work you will have to add some form of spacer in the end of the buffer tube.

Comment

Same thing happened to mine. Remove the AG kit and youll be fine.

Comment

As well as the buffer tube needing to be in the sweet spot as Tisane says, open the gun and look at the buffer spring retention pin.

If it sits too proud it produces the same symptoms as you describe. Wind it down further and thread lock that troublesome little bitch in place!

Comment

Bolts traveling too far back. Put it back to stock and screw the stock tube in properly.

Mates one was a right mare!!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Well to be fair dan, we tried to make our own version of a speed buffer half assed with bits we had floating around lol

Yes Dan is right though the bolt is travelling too far back. I think you can adjust the speed buffer to make it longer, I would do so.

Comment

Thanks guys, I got it fixed.

I locked down the retaining pin and added a few washers as spacer. Turns out the super recoil buffer and spring is a bit shorter than the original one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrgoodkat Find out more about mrgoodkat
              Working...
              X