Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA/KSC/ASG G17 Slide being a jerk

Hey,

I recently took the outer-barrel out of my KWA/KSC G17 and removed the black finished to make it chrome coloured. Ever since then the slide has been getting stuck whilst shooting and racking, which I am hoping is not due to this modification. I have used some gun oil/lube that I use on my real steel guns to lube it up but this doesn't work so well. I don't have any silicone yet, would this do this trick? or have I completely fudged up and need to order a new outer barrel?

Here's a picture of the place it usually get's stuck, bear in mind, it's not caught on anything, just friction stuck, I can free it by shaking the gun or just by smacking the slide:

Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Re: KWA/KSC/ASG G17 Slide being a jerk

First thing completely remove the gun oil quickly as it is mineral based and will mess with your seals, get some silicone spray urgently and lube the gun with that.

The paint on the barrel should make no difference have you looked to see if there are still two small springs in the top of the blow back unit if there is not that might be why it is sticking or it might be catching on something.

Curlyboy
    'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
      First thing completely remove the gun oil quickly as it is mineral based and will mess with your seals, get some silicone spray urgently and lube the gun with that.

The paint on the barrel should make no difference have you looked to see if there are still two small springs in the top of the blow back unit if there is not that might be why it is sticking or it might be catching on something.

Curlyboy
      Oh dear, ok, is removing the slide and outer barrel and then cleaning them with water and drying then with paper towels ok?
      Collection:

Comment

No I would suggest clean the oil off with a cloth as much as possible then get some foam make up buds for tricky places (not the hairy buds), the water will not remove the oil much anyway.

Be really thorough with removing the oil hopefully you did not spray any inside the blow back unit if it is only on the slide rails it should be a easy clean if not it will be a pain but make sure it is off any O rings ASAP as mineral based oil will erode the seals eventually.

Curlyboy

Comment

No I would suggest clean the oil off with a cloth as much as possible then get some foam make up buds for tricky places (not the hairy buds), the water will not remove the oil much anyway.

Be really thorough with removing the oil hopefully you did not spray any inside the blow back unit if it is only on the slide rails it should be a easy clean if not it will be a pain but make sure it is off any O rings ASAP as mineral based oil will erode the seals eventually.

Curlyboy
          Ok so I cleaned off most of the oil, I'll wait till my silicone oil arrives before I fire it again, as for the springs, I could only see one spring, as shown in the picture below, please let me know if I'm missing one or if I'm looking in the wrong place, thanks.

Collection:

Comment

Not the spring mate, if you take off the slide take out the outer and inner barrel and by the ejection port in the slide above the air nozzle there should be two holes one on either side of the blow back unit both should have a long thin spring in each one.

If you are missing the springs or one spring it can effect the slide returning correctly, the springs are about where your second from left finger is in the picture.

Curlyboy

Comment

Looks like a broken sear to me, does it only happen when the gin is cocked with your finger held on the trigger?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                Looks like a broken sear to me, does it only happen when the gin is cocked with your finger held on the trigger?
                Nope, happens whenever

Not the spring mate, if you take off the slide take out the outer and inner barrel and by the ejection port in the slide above the air nozzle there should be two holes one on either side of the blow back unit both should have a long thin spring in each one.

If you are missing the springs or one spring it can effect the slide returning correctly, the springs are about where your second from left finger is in the picture.

Curlyboy
                I can't see these springs for the life of me, maybe they are missing, here is where I'm looking, point in the right direction please :D

Collection:

Comment

You cant see them without stripping the slide down to loose bits. If your slide refuses to return to battery than that suggests that the hammer/sears are damaged. Can you get me a picture of the hammer forward, taken from the rear of the gun looking down into the frame?

Comment

If you shine a torch down the slide and look above and behind the air nozzle you should be able to see them at the top you don't have to take gun to bits I can't get a photo of them though but you just need to see if they are there.

Curlyboy

Comment

You cant see them without stripping the slide down to loose bits. If your slide refuses to return to battery than that suggests that the hammer/sears are damaged. Can you get me a picture of the hammer forward, taken from the rear of the gun looking down into the frame?
                      Sure:

If you shine a torch down the slide and look above and behind the air nozzle you should be able to see them at the top you don't have to take gun to bits I can't get a photo of them though but you just need to see if they are there.
                      Do you mean these circular springs? I didn't think think they were springs at first:

Also - I took a video to demonstrate the problem. The slide seems to get caught at a certain point slightly when coming backwards (my main problem is it getting caught on the way forward). Anyway I thought this might be worth mentioning, as it may be related to the slide getting caught when going forward:

Collection:

Comment

If you cock and let the slide go forward till it sticks, does it release if you pull the trigger?

Comment

If you cock and let the slide go forward till it sticks, does it release if you pull the trigger?
                          Nope, the trigger is loose until the slide is pushed into place. I'm almost 100% it is a friction issue.
                          Collection:

Comment

Yes, but friction between what? This is why I ask these questions :P

Comment

I think the gun was just a bit dry. The real steel gun oil did nothing for it, and it was even worse with no oil at all. I silicone'd it up today and used some stronger gas (propane) and now it seems to run perfectly. The wonders of silicone....
                              Collection:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Kenton Find out more about Joe_Kenton
                              Working...
                              X