ASG Glock 18c interal upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Glock 18c interal upgrades.

Hi Guys looking for some info on the best internal upgrades other than barrel and hopup for my ASG GLOCK 18c.
    Also i am struggling to find any uk suppliers that stock the required parts any recommendations please?

Re: ASG Glock 18c interal upgrades.

Okay, this is a world in which trawling forums will yield your best hauls, hong kong will yield the second best, however here is what I know:

"Upgrades" (and I use the term loosely) are few and farrrr between.

Barrel Assembly
    Shooter's Design Enhanced Loading Ramp - Isn't, its meant to be very fragile and therefore a waste of time. I believe I once saw an Element metal loading ramp, but I have not found it again since that one search. G19/26 metal loading ramps are not compatible with the G18 sadly. Not that it really matters, my stock one has been good for over 15K rounds now.
    Hop Unit/Barrel - ESD Evo 2 Barrel and Hop Set is where its at!

Slide Assembly
    Airsoft Surgeon, Shooters Design, Falcon, Firefly and a couple of others Floating Valves - I've got a SD one in mine, it works very well, and is probably less fragile than the original plastic one.
    Touch Breach - the little metal flappy bit in the slide. I believe they did exist at one point, good luck finding them. Firefly did one, its pretty much unavailable now, RA-tech do a CNC steel one.
    Fire Selector - Detonator make a steel one, it aint cheap
    Fire Selector Pin - PAS and Detonator make them in steel i think, bit of a pointless upgrade

Frame
    Hammer - Hidayka made a steel hammer a while back, I have one. Good luck finding one though, mine came in a batch of spare parts. KSC did one under part number 271 if you can find that, it may not be compatible with most KSC G18s though
    Impact Hammer/Valve Knocker - Shooter's design make one, a worthy investment in my opinion, its a weak part
    Sears - no-one to my knowledge ever did sears, but they are quite tough. I've had two go in over 20k rounds (one auto, one semi).

Springs and valves are readily available, but are generally a waste of time unless you are fitting a plastic slided glock with a metal slide, in which case a stiffer recoil spring might be a good idea. Guarder and Shooter's Design (maybe action as well) do these, plus metal guide rods, with which your mileage may vary. Mine work better on a stock plastic guide rod than on an aftermarket metal one.

Finally - a word on mag catches. They wear, putting in a good quality Real Glock mag catch will improve your gun's longevity massively.

I really can't think of any other upgrades for these things, I hope that helps
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Ma two pence on the mag catches stock plastic ones pants metal one are ok if you are disaplined in pressing it hard when removind and loading a mag so the steal doesn't gouge the potmetal mags apart. Like Dave said a real catch are some polymer metal thinggy.
      The guarder recoil rods have be ok for me but the surface finish on the rod is fracking horribal and ridged and causes a lot of friction and catching.
      Metal slides yey for rattle can't rember which one of the CNC slides fitted best but chose a nice looking one

Dave have you seen any g17 threaded barrels about recently I'm feeling the need for one in the collection :D

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I haven't, I have a g18 one that I snapped up for 36 squids within ten minutes of it being listed on here a year ago :p

PGC slides are the best ones imo, they are beautiful and work very well.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

neon76 Find out more about neon76
        Working...
        X