TM 1911 lightweight BBU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 lightweight BBU question

I've recently gotten my hands on a TM series 70 1911. And I've been planning to make it a bit of a long term project. And this has lead me to internal upgrades.
    The three suggestions that I've found are a tight bore barrel, a different hop rubber, and a lighter blow back unit.
    The first two are nice and simple. But I don't know much about the blow back unit.

Is it worth bothering with a plastic slided TM? or is it something only really worth it in conjunction with metal slide body kits?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: TM 1911 lightweight BBU question

I tried a lightweight BBU in one of my builds. It made no difference. Tbh it felt worse as it had next to no weight to kick with so felt a lot more toyish. I used one of nineball's plastic units.

Is go for a hammer spring rather than a BBU. I put a harder hammer spring in all mine. Punts it through the winter nicely, and feels a lot stronger kicking, without the added resistance from the recoil spring.

With a 1911 though, you really would be limited to 8 shots a mag, before it starts being weak and pathetic. But more realistic!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
    Working...
    X