Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE m4a1 open bolt gen 2 upgrade guide

Evening all,

So I've just purchased my first GBBR in a very long time.

My questions are:

1) what upgrades should I invest in to improve range and accuracy?
    2) what can be done to improve consistency?
    3) does anyone have any idea on any successful DIY mods?

From what I've heard there's a lot of debate of the best hop/barrel combo, any ideas what is a good medium for range,consistency and accuracy?

Also how easy in an NPAS to install?

Thanks people
    The clown has no penis

Re: WE m4a1 open bolt gen 2 upgrade guide

Ok so all what I say is my own and personal experience. There's alo t of debate about gbb upgreads and performance.

I currently use a we m4 myself as a primary, but have used/owned others aswell.

My advice would be install the npas which is pretty easy, just refer to YouTube as that's easier than trying to explain through text.
    As for range and accuracy, there's to many variables with gbb that effect both which you can't control, so what I do is just stick in a ra-tech hop rubber in and I'm satisfied with the results.

As for the rest of the ra-tech stuff, I personally think it's over priced for more hassle. I've had gbb's with many ra-tech parts and ended up with more issues, same goes to my mate who did the same. I've put a good few thousand rounds through my standard we (will explain more in a mo) with no issues. However I regularly clean and lubricate it which is important.

I've also spent the time filing and sanding all the sharp edges off the nozzle and bolt and even the inside of the receiver. Making sure the nozzle is smooth as silk when working. This I think helps keep the nozzle in good shape.

I also have been running my we using hpa and have a couple of high caps rigged up for it. That's how I've managed to put alot of rounds through it. I even have a 3000 round gas box mag just for fun. But the biggest plus with hpa is a more consistent shot giving better range and accuracy. So something worth considering.

Anyway hope this helps it's probably mostly gibberish ha ha.

Any questions just ask

Comment

NPAS is really easy to instal, look on youtube and there are loads of tutorials.
      I ru a stock barrel with a 70° maple leaf rubber.
      I did run a tightbore for a while but found it got too dirty to function very quickly.
      All the other parts are fine to run as stock untill something brakes and then just replace it.
      I have an ra tech trigger group in mine but took a lot of modding to get it to run propperly.
      I also replaced the stock bolt catch with ratech.
      Mane thing is keep it clean and well lubed

Sharpy

Comment

Thanks guys.

Looking online, quite a few people have said use a NPAS and a maple leaf hop, keep it cleaned and keep it stock until something breaks.

HPA sounds good from the consistency, but I'm not a fan of the overall set up.

Any ideas on a good barrel or hop unit?
        The clown has no penis

Comment

Yeah hpa isn't everbodys cup of tea. But makes gbb fully useable all year round in any weather. Also good for keeping up with your hi cap hero's. Ha ha.

Just leave your hop unit and barrel alone mate. There good as they are.

Also another note. Go over all the screws and such and apply locktight on the ones not needing to be touched as it does rattle parts. The amount of times my iron site fell of the other day was quite funny..

Comment

WE m4a1 open bolt gen 2 upgrade guide

Ive been using my m4 for over 4 years now
            I can say there are A few mods that are a must!
            1) Aluminuim Air nozzle with npas
            2) Tighbore
            3) Steel nozzle guides
            4) Steel trigger set
            5) Hop up rubber - im usin R Hop but thats your choice
            6) charginf handle (WE are famous for breaking)

Then you can get
            Hard recoil buffer kit for added kick and a Heavier bolt

But as internals go thats it..
            Always clean your gun after a game and always lube your seals on your mags
            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Strebor, just out of intrest what type of hicap Hpa mags are you using?
              . .

Comment

I have 3 types. One low profile flash mag style l, one duel mag flash mag, and one 3000 round c-mag electric winding box mag, just for overkill ha ha. Will try and upload a couple photos later.

Comment

I was not a fan of the duel hicap ones, but I come across a guy called alyan who made this single mag 300 end one:

I'm finding tho that the pipe from this one is a little scratched, and if I do ever need to replace thrle pipe I'm shafted as it's permanently fixed in. At the moment I'm modifying some gen 1 we mag in the same way but with a changeable pipe like this:

So should I ever need to change the pipe it's pretty easy then

Got a ghk g5 mag that someone's asked e to do for them too, I think that's gonna be awesome when that's done.
                  . .

Comment

Yeah I have one like that but a flash mag instead of a winding mag. The duel hi cap was Mark 1. I've improved the design since.

Comment

My concern with the duel type was feeding, how are your duel ones feeding? I may try and fit a flash mag in to one these, but may wait untill some cheap ones come up for sale as I only have one at the moment
                      . .

Comment

Well it was a PITA to start with, but after a few attempts and ideas it now feeds 100% just a bit bulky.

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
                          Ive been using my m4 for over 4 years now
                          I can say there are A few mods that are a must!
                          1) Aluminuim Air nozzle with npas
                          2) Tighbore
                          3) Steel nozzle guides
                          4) Steel trigger set
                          5) Hop up rubber - im usin R Hop but thats your choice
                          6) charginf handle (WE are famous for breaking)

Then you can get
                          Hard recoil buffer kit for added kick and a Heavier bolt

But as internals go thats it..
                          Always clean your gun after a game and always lube your seals on your mags

What's the benefit of the aluminium air nozzle over the stock one?
                          The clown has no penis

Comment

Well stock is plastic and breaks over time when using stronger gS, mine has broken 2 two times. The RA aluminuim one ..has the Npas built in And is stronger. The Fps is not as a stable as the stock one but you really dont have a choice. Unless you want to keep changing your nozzle.
                            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

hi guys, does anyone here repair gas mags? I got one mag with the rifle and its got a bad leak on the top of the mag, sadly I haven't yet got the tools or knowledge to repair it myself. I have looked online and have found some guides, but my confidence with gas weapons is non existent yet.
                              The clown has no penis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
                              Working...
                              X