Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Upgrades

Hi All,

Looking at some upgrades for my TM M92F and having read some threads I've picked out some parts but I am stuck on choosing between some.

I've been eying up:
    a PDI piston head (winter),
    Nineball gas routers for the mags,
    and a Gaurder recoil spring buffer.

I'm pretty certain on these parts as they all seem to be worthwhile additions to improve performance. What I'm having difficulty on is a tight bore barrel. I'm unsure as to which bore and manufacturer to go with as everyone seems to have a different opinion on who's 'the best' as it were. I'm leaning towards a PDI 6.01 Raven Barrel but can't choose between that and a Laylax 6.03 barrel. Has anyone had any experience with either, in any pistol, or can recommend one over the other? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by sj_asc; 11 June, 2014, 23:22. Reason: Moved to Tech - Gas

Re: Pistol Upgrades

Its tokyo marui..leave it alone. Spend the money on high quality BBs and get closer.

also the m9 has a fixed hop, it is only the newer M9a1 that have the gucci adjustable hop
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Upgraded piston head can only be a good thing, will make the seal better which in theory will give you better gas efficiency.

Check carefully - can you get the Nine Ball gas routers for M9 mags? I'm not sure you can.

The buffer will in theory increase durability and might make your gun last longer, I know some TMs have them as stock (e.g. 1911). You may short-stroke the gun slightly but I doubt you'll notice and if anything it'll increase gas efficiency slightly.

My favourite upgrade barrel is the TK Twist. Gives great range and accuracy in my P226. PDI barrels are generally very high quality, but the Ravens are their 'budget' line made of lower-quality steel. They're still good though. It's worth noting that there's some evidence for wider bores being better than narrower bores for accuracy, so don't automatically go for 6.01 because 'it's the best'. Realistically, almost any upgrade barrel is going to be more accurate than the stock TM barrel, but there are differences between upgrades. I don't know if you can get high quality 6.05 or 6.08 pistol barrels but Nine Ball make nice 6.03s that aren't too expensive.

Depending on how old the gun is, a new hop rubber might be a good investment.

Comment

Thanks for the help Snowman!

I just installed a brand new hop rubber and cylinder so I'm good to go there. I've seen the TK Twist barrels but was unsure about them as some people have advised against them and the price tag doesn't help... What's your experience been? Good range and accuracy?

Comment

+1 for Tk twist barrels!

I've got one in my G&G aeg and I've used one before in a 1911 and I definitely rated it
          The clown has no penis

Comment

Yep, the Twist in my Sig is really nice. Gun shoots very straight with it.

Comment

I agree! Chose to get a TK barrel for my M9 and it is incredible the range and accuracy are fantastic. Shame the slide cracked from a new piston head...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shakingbanana Find out more about shakingbanana
              Working...
              X