KSC G17 Magazine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC G17 Magazine problems

So I ordered an extra magazine for my KSC/KWA G17 from a certain asia based website and got it about a week ago. Initially no problems but now all of a sudden it has started having issues taking gas. When I push the nozzie into the valve thing at the bottom of the mag half the gas sprays out around the magazine and not actually into it. I have this problem with green gas and propane, nothing seems to want to work.

How can I fix this?
    Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Re: KSC G17 Magazine problems

Does it have an oring around the fill valve?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I'm not sure.. here is a picture, non working mag is on the left:

Collection:

Comment

Nothing wrong if anything its a plus sometimes as it pushes out the air space and fills it with the liquid gas. Tho it will piss liquid gas at you when its full tho ;p (got some old old KSC mags that do this. Be more worried about the squair oring leaking instead, do a water dunk check with it

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

And when it starts leaking, replace it with a 16x3mm oring, tis what I did :P
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
            Nothing wrong if anything its a plus sometimes as it pushes out the air space and fills it with the liquid gas. Tho it will piss liquid gas at you when its full tho ;p (got some old old KSC mags that do this. Be more worried about the squair oring leaking instead, do a water dunk check with it
            Definitely something wrong with it, it's spraying and dripping liquid propane everywhere.

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
            And when it starts leaking, replace it with a 16x3mm oring, tis what I did :P
            It's not leaking, it's just not taking the gas properly. The mag that came with the gun works fine, there is a faint hissing as it fills up, then it stops and that's when I stop filling. This new mag (brand new!) sprays gas and liquid all over the place constantly. If I did get some new o-rings I would have no idea how to fit them/where to put them as the valves look identical on the working and not-working mag
            Collection:

Comment

well it's pretty simple ,if you can't fix it then either return it or ask for them to send a replacement valve , or just get a new valve from the only airsoft shop in the world and fit it this will doubtless be the quickest fix .

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                well it's pretty simple ,if you can't fix it then either return it or ask for them to send a replacement valve , or just get a new valve from the only airsoft shop in the world and fit it this will doubtless be the quickest fix .
                Any guides out there on magazine repair?
                Collection:

Comment

Heh proberly. But most I see involve either drowning it all in sciacone oil or sacking the orings in break fluid. Or fixing leeks with genourous amounts of scilacone sealant over everything or PTFE tape all the threads!!!

To hell with autocorrect it hates me

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Kenton View Post
                    Any guides out there on magazine repair?
                    repairing fill valves is fiddly but not hard , the hard bit is finding the correct "O" ring's .just unscrew it from the magazine , look at the "O" ring on the outside above the thread ,make sure there are no cut's or chunk's missing from it , if the outer one is fine then look inside , the outer body of the valve will be in two parts ,generally the chrome outer bit that's visible when in the magazine and a copper cylinder with a hole in the bottom , unscrew the copper part ,it may be quite tight and need pliers to start it ,you will find the copper part contains a small spring (don't loose it ) and the chrome upper part has the valve core inside , from the top of the chrome part using a suitable tool to push the core out (push as if you were pushing the filler spout into the valve ) , the core should come out with the "O" ring around it and this tiny "O" ring is most likely to be damaged in some way but it's possible that some dirt or crap has got in some how , if the "O" ring looks good then lubricate it or replace it with a good one if there is damage ,re assembly is just reverse of taking it apart but be careful when re inserting the valve core as the "O" ring's have a habit of coming out of the groove in the valve core when you push them back in. sometimes just stripping and re building them cures all ill's but sometimes not , replacing is easiest by far and should be an easy win.

Comment

You are just missing the small o ring from the valve. As can be seem from the pics. Go buy a cheap refillable lighter and get the O ring from that and just push it into place using whatever nozzle the green gas/ propane has on it. Very simple fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Morxis View Post
                        You are just missing the small o ring from the valve. As can be seem from the pics. Go buy a cheap refillable lighter and get the O ring from that and just push it into place using whatever nozzle the green gas/ propane has on it. Very simple fix.
                        I don't know how I couldn't see it until now but yes you are right, thanks for putting it into words my dumb brain could understand!
                        Collection:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Kenton Find out more about Joe_Kenton
                        Working...
                        X