refillable propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refillable propane

anyone know were to get a refillable propane bottles as colemans have changed there's to non refillable?

Re: refillable propane

Just need to get a map (?) adaptor. As far as I remember, colemans have always been officially non refillable haven't they?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks will look that up as im new to the propane game

Comment

Modern colemans cylinders are non refillable, they have a non return valve in the neck. Someone on here did successfully remove the valve, drill the non return valve out and refit the normal valve a while back, but I really wouldn't advise that unless you know what you are doing.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The bottles i got a few weeks ago have a second valve on them. It looks like a scrandeler(sp) valve like the one on car tires. Possibly to refil them with?
          I got mine from a place near me but they were having supply issues and i think mine were drop shipped direct from Coleman.

I will put a pic up tonight if you want so you can see.
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

iirc all you need is a map(?) connector for a large propane can, about 12 off a auction site. Great if you got room for a large can of propane

Comment

Since when are the non refillable? Been re filling mine for some time.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Comment

Since the slight colour change of the cylinders I believe.
                I gave up on the refilling game as the ones I had wouldn't fill.
                Using Rothenberger blue cylinders now, no idea if they are refillable as I haven't tried.

Yes it is quite easy to drill out the non return valve on the Colemans as I did it myself, you just need to use a tool made for car valve inserts to remove the main valve first.

And the small valve on the side isn't for refilling its a release valve to stop the cylinder from blowing up if it becomes too hot.

The only reason it states on the Coleman cylinders "do not refill" is because in the US it is illegal to transport them if refilled.

Just because it states "do not refill" doesn't mean they can't be

Comment

Interesting. Didnt even know the colour changed! Mine are all still black bottles with a green label

Comment

http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to...osable-propan/ a decent guide on the subject.

Comment

It's funny game now with cylinders as some of them are fillable and some not.

Comment

Best thing I use is a MAC Coupler from the US and a pressure gauge of Amazon.

Couple £12
                        Gauge £8
                        Tank £27

£47 total. Gives me approximately 26 refills of 465g Coleman tanks. That would usually cost around £300 in the shops (one tank is around £10)

Saves a hell of a lot of cash, approx £250 from the first tank then closer to £270 from the second. Best part is when Im low on cash I can sell some tanks to and make a profit :D

Comment

Does any one know which Coleman's bottles are refillable and which are not or is
                          There an easy way to found out or has anyone got a refillable one for sale as didn't
                          Want to get a coupler and a large propane bottle and then find out my Coleman's
                          Are non refillable?

Comment

If you can't find colemans try any other propane bottle b&q, screwfix, tool station.

Comment

Refillable ones will have a brassy looking outlet, non refillables will have a silvery one
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mason storm im a husband/dad/grandad and a west ham fan Find out more about mason storm
                              Working...
                              X