Guarder barrel inside ace1arms g17 slide issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder barrel inside ace1arms g17 slide issues

Hi guys i just got a new outter barrel by Guarder and ive fitted it into a Ace1Arms sai g17 slide and the porblem is that when trying to rack the slide back it seem to be jamming/caught on something that i cant work out what is causing this....I can rack the slide no problem when pushing down the ejection port of the outter barrel part but when not it just jams etc...

Ive put my old barrel with hop inside back onto slide and compared it to the new barrel with hop inside setup and theres isnt much different.

First i thought that with the Guarder barrel being new that when racking slide it might be rubbing on the top underside of the slide. Maybe i need to sit here and keep racking till it smoothes out??

any help be much appreciated, Thank you.

Re: Guarder barrel inside ace1arms g17 slide issues

I have the same problem with my guarder Glock mate it's a guarder slide and a guarder threaded barrel, I wasn't sure what to do,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mate i looked it up more and found some advice in sanding down the inside top part on outter barrel that the hop unit sits in. Which made alot of difference as now its capable of racking but still occasionaly gets caught so maybe a little more sanding will do the job

Comment

Thanks buddy I'll give it a go later,

Comment

Originally posted by waimando View Post
          Mate i looked it up more and found some advice in sanding down the inside top part on outter barrel that the hop unit sits in. Which made alot of difference as now its capable of racking but still occasionaly gets caught so maybe a little more sanding will do the job
          my glock guarder barrel was also very tight in the same spot,
          The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

What did you do to it to make it less tight?

ive actually use a mag to see if it works but it just vent all the gas out of mag as slide doesnt even rack
            Now ive started sanding down the top of underside of slide where outter barrel meets...hope that helps

Comment

Still no luck, had to put in old barrel just incase its something else causing this issues but no, it work flawlessly...Damn Guarder why on earth are you causing me so much hassle!!!

Comment

I HAVE FINALLY SORTED IT!!!

Was all along the top of the outer barrel edge where it mates with top slide on the ejection part thats are too squared thats causing the slide not to rack freely then i thought, so after few more filing down the square edges it works!!!

cheers everyone

Comment

Pics? May be helpful for others using similar kits?

Comment

Accidentally posted sorry

Comment

Yes sorry i got picture and i try explain it as clear as possible on where it needed to be filed/sanded.

This showing how the Guarder outer barrel sits now after being sanded down a slight so its not too much that causes the slide to have too much play in my slide. (not sure how different it be on other slide but mine is run in a ace1arms sai g17.

Second picture showing how much ive filed/sanded down the inside on the lip of where the outer barrel meets with the slide. As the Guarder has a very square edge thats what cause it not to rack smoothly even though it felt fine by hand, it seems when using a gased up mag and fired it was enough for it to casue hassle

As now its got more of a rounded edge which helps the barrel to roll under easier

Hope that helps more sorry about bad pocture etc

Comment

Nice one - glad to solved this.

Having the same issue on a Prime P228 kit - steel outer barrel gets stuck in mid transition. Ironically stock Marui works perfect in the slide. Will have a tweak on mine to see if I can find a solution

Comment

Its more then likey to do with the same part as i looked on every part of the pistol that i thought could be causing the problem when it was all along just a simple part that can be overlooked so easly as i made that mistake in first place for not keeping at it in the first time i tried filing/sanding.

Forgot to mention that i did indeed filed down the actual barrel wheres it squared edge, just dont over do it.

Hope you sort your problem out mate

Comment

Awesome mate thanks wai that's what I gotta do to mine now, tell me though do you have any issues when mounting a suppressor on the Glock as mine when I do it seems to not rack properly the guide rod seems to be stopping it it's banging against the suppressor,

Comment

No worrys dude glad i got the problem sorted and hope it helps you and others.

To be honest i didnt get the barrel for a silencer as i know from the weigjt of the silencer mounted it causes the barrel to ride low which pushes onto guide rod that causes the problem you got. Far as i know theres not a solution to it bud, sorry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

waimando Find out more about waimando
                              Working...
                              X