Is my gun ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my gun ruined?

So I recently tried to remove the bluing from the metal of my KWA G17, I planned to leave it in hot vinegar for 30 mins maximum, since I was going out I instructed my brother to remove the slide after 30 minutes.

Of course he didn't, and it was in there for around 80 minutes. There was some pretty bad corrosion on the inside of the slide, after a lot of sanding I thought it may be possible the gun would still work. I'm having two issues with it currently:

- The trigger some times plays up, if I rack the slide extra hard then it is how it should be, some creep before it goes click, however sometimes the trigger doesn't move at all, and as soon as you put pressure on it, it clicks.

- The main problem is now after the slide 'upgrade' the gun isn't shooting, the problem being the mags pretty much dump all their gas in one go.

Anyone have any solutions for these problems? Or should I accept this as an excuse to buy a fully traded slide?
    Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Re: Is my gun ruined?

Does it work at all with the original slide? Its possible that the new slight is too much of a tight fit and isnt cycling smooth enough.
    Im not sure if you know how they work but the slide moving back resets the little hammer inside that stops the gas being vented so if the slide is sticking you will get one shot off then vent all the gas.
    Get a permanent marker and put dots on the rails then assemble the gun and rack the slide a few times take it apart and see where the marker has worn off using sandpaper sand those areas until the rails and sometimes the slide are smooth and flay. You need to use a high grit sand paper to give a nice finish.

Some pictures would help a lot
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Is my gun ruined?

Heh I know where you can get another g17 orgianal KSC metal slide for under £30

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Kenton Find out more about Joe_Kenton
      Working...
      X