Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 18c with green gas, problems!!i

Hey,

I've just bought a KSC glock 18c (second hand) I've filled the mags up with green gas, they hold gas and fire fine,

But, when it comes to the last 5-6 bb's it just won't fire them, if I drop the mag then put it back in then it'll fire 1-2 more. And sometimes when it comes to the end of the mag it'll just release all the fast left in one go.

It's my first GBB hand gun, and I'm having a mare with it ha

Re: Glock 18c with green gas, problems!!i

It could be few things.

First, have you give the magazine a full fill of green gas?
    Second, does it do it with all the magazines?
    Third, are the magazines cold?

Here's a few general pointers that might help you fix the issue.

-Ensure that the slide cycles fine and make sure there's no obstructions. If it feels like it's grinding at any point when you manually cycle the slide back, it's likely that you will need to lubricate the moving parts.
    -Ensure that the magazines aren't too cold. Sometimes when the temperature is too low, the mags get a bit sluggish and usually vent their gas.
    -Empty the magazine of gas and press something like a toothpick on the little metal gas valve on the back-top of the magazine. If it gets stuck in, then it's likely a problem with dry seals in the magazine.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure I'm filling it properly to be honest. I've got 2 magazines, I'm gonna put a mark on one of them so I can tell the difference and see if it's one or both,

I don't think the magazines been cold is the problem with the temperature we've been having. Although they're really cold after firing it.

I've lubed the slide and that's nice and smooth, I'll try the tooth pick thing tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Comment

You'll know if you're filling it properly because gas will start spurting out of the can At that point, the magazine will be full and good to go.

Comment

Right, I'm definitely filling the mags then.

When you say about pressing the valve, you don't mean the one I can press with my finger that releases all the gas in like 1 second do you?

Comment

Yep that one. The gas valves vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but serve the same purpose If you press it in, does it get stuck?

Comment

No it comes back out straight away.

Comment

Try this.

Fire off as many shots as you can usually get before the gas vents. Then warm it up by holding it or putting it in your pocket until it doesn't feel cold and shoot off a few more. If it works and the gas holds, then it suggests that the problem is gas cooldown from firing too fast (basically the more you shoot with green gas, the colder the magazine gets and if it gets too cold, it usually vents).

Comment

It could well be that, I'm only messing around In the garden, so the magazine does get cold, I wouldn't be firing like that or as often as that at a skirmish

Comment

To be honest it sounds like a case of gas cooldown, a lot of people have the same issue (me included, even with a gas reservoir as big as a Desert Eagle magazine). Best thing I can suggest is either find something to keep the magazines fairly warm in (a pocket or something), or shoot until it gets sluggish and reload.

Comment

Cheers for the help Kodiak

Comment

Something is definitely wrong with it - I get 40 plus shots out of one mag on my ksc g18 (propane).

Which green gas are you using?

It could be a worn magazine catch, damaged internals or several things that can make the gun use more gas than it needs to.

Fill the mag with gas and press it upwards gently whilst shooting, see if you get a few more shots out of it.
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I'm using WE Green Gas,

I'm taking it too a skirmish tomorrow, a lad there has the same gun, I'm gonna try his magazine to eliminate problems

Comment

Right, one mag is fine.

One mag is having problem with the release valve, when you press it in its really slow at coming back out,

Is it an easy fix?

Comment

You'll have to disassemble it and get the gas valve back out. Relubricating the o-rings with a thin silicone gel usually works quite well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                              Working...
                              X