Fit Daniel Defence RIS To WE L85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit Daniel Defence RIS To WE L85

From what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be anything online showing how to fit a Daniel Defence RIS to a WE L85

I've got myself a DD RIS (waiting for the WE adapter to come) and tried to put it on the rifle just to see how it fits.

However it doesn't... The gas block/front site mount is way to thick in every dimension to allow the rail on - some pics below to show that.

The only way I can get the gas block into the RIS is by feeding it in from the front, but the the barrel is too low from the front end and the rear end is stuck up from the back end of the rail (as shown in last pic)

How can I fit this? It has me baffled

Re: Fit Daniel Defence RIS To WE L85

Is it real steel or an 'airsoft use only' one?

Comment

I bought it from a forum member and I believe it is for airsoft how ever I don't know how to verify RS or airsoft

Comment

I had an airsoft only one once and on one side it said 'for airsoft use only'. I know that RS ones fit the ICS SA80, but i'm not sure about the others. Sorry if this isnt much help

Comment

Thats alright,maybe someone else will know, mine doesn't say 'for airsoft use only' on it like I have seen some online but it looks exactly like the one for the WE

I've been franticly searching online now and found that it looks like I need a lower profile gas block, just seen a pic of that comes with the DD Licensed RIS for WE L85 from america

Comment

The simple answer is.....it won't.
            You say you have the adaptor on order so why dismantle the gun in a pointless attempt to squash a square peg in a round hole?
            Users have butchered their original gas blocks to fit RS or ACM rails but its never going to be 100%
            Just wait for your adaptor, you will have it on in 10mins flat and kick yourself for even thinking of trying it without...lol

Oh and the "Airsoft use only" warning only comes on Madbull rails that are quite different in their fitment to RS ACM and more recently the WE version that are almost indistinguishable from its RS counterpart.

Comment

My adaptor did come, literally just now, however its not correct. Seems as though there are 2 versions of the DD RIS which until now I did not know and I happen to have the correct RIS, just not the correct parts to fit it.

Comment

I have realised in my stupidity and eagerness to obtain a DD RIS that I do in fact need the lower profile gas block and rear mounting plate which comes with the WE DD RIS but not with my second hand one and cannot be found separately for purchase. Just means I will have to buy one from a store and try and shift my other one.

Thanks for the help anyway

Comment

I take it you got your hands on the ICS conversion kit?
                  From memory one kit has two securing holes in the gas block the other has one.
                  WE
                  ICS

Comment

No, I got the Madbull WE adaptor, which I thought would be all I needed, obviously for the Madbull DD RIS not the WE RIS so it doesn't/can't work.

I have now purchased a WE DD RIS which comes with the replacement mounting adapter and replacement gas block, the 2 parts I couldn't find individually anywhere that I need to attach it to my L85

Comment

If you'd have given me 5 mins longer I could have pointed you in the right direction....lol

Comment

I purchased it yesterday after looking everywhere for the parts

A picture of which you posted lol where may they be on the interwebs? Lol

Thanks anyway haha

Comment

Originally posted by BMXer_Dan View Post
                          I purchased it yesterday after looking everywhere for the parts

A picture of which you posted lol where may they be on the interwebs? Lol

Thanks anyway haha
                          Are u sure there the right way round the ics adapter looks like the we and the we looks like the ics does anyone know where I can get a we one please

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BMXer_Dan Find out more about BMXer_Dan
                          Working...
                          X