hi cappa holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi cappa holster

I know this isn't a deep techy question but it is still techy~ish...which serpa or other make will a hi cappa 4.3 fit into and allow the release button to work?
    Thanks..

Re: hi cappa holster

1911 serpa, slight modding needed, but its easy.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply..is the mod the trigger shape?

Comment

yes the trigger catch in the serpa needs some work, normal 1911 have a rounded not squared guard
        The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

i also believe that one of the glock models ones fits nicely too
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Whoooa, don't rush in to altering the trigger catch, I'm sure I didn't touch mine on my serpa or my imi, both 1911 models & both take my tm hicapa's 4.3.
            If you cock up the trigger lock, there's no going back/repairing it.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
              Whoooa, don't rush in to altering the trigger catch, I'm sure I didn't touch mine on my serpa or my imi, both 1911 models & both take my tm hicapa's 4.3.
              If you cock up the trigger lock, there's no going back/repairing it.
              I won't touch that...from what I understand it's all to do with the square vs round trigger guard,someone may come along with a photo soon...

Comment

You can mod the gun or the holster ,and as said I have also heard a glock one works withe the square trigger guard . I shortened the dust cover and rounded off the trigger guard on one of these to fit in serpas ..

Comment

Fobus holster for 1911, fits hi capa, also has a light bearing model

Comment

Just taken couple of pics of nodded serpa & imi holster, both are altered where the hi-capa trigger guard goes, but still will hold a bog standard 1911 securely with no rattles.
                    I should be able to get on my laptop later & post up the pics.
                    Mark

Comment

H1.jpgH2.jpgH3.jpg
                      Not sure what order these pics have come up in, but should show one with Hi-capa in the IMI holster, & you can see that quite a bit had to be cut away to allow the trigger guard to poke through, but its not that bad, the IMI's are very minimal compared to the serpa so it looks worse when you start chopping them about.
                      The other two pics show the serpa, tried to show it internally but it doesn't show that well, basically using a fine tip dremel to grind away where the trigger guard meets it, general rule of thumb is to take away as little as possible at a time, & keep repeating the process, trying the gun for size each time.
                      Once you have it barely lock in place, so its very tight, switch to using hot water, ideally a pan of boiling water, & dip the holster in it for a couple of seconds at a time, take it out & shake off the excess water, & then slide the gun in to it & leave it to cool.
                      Repeat the process until your happy with the fit, it won't take long.
                      Just remember "Slowly slowly catchy monkey", don't rush it, & you won't wreck the holster.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add the photos and thanks for the help...

Comment

Thanks for the guidance I modded my Fobus,the only issue being the trigger shape,the Fobus is designed for a 1911 the hi-cappa "fitted" sort of..it was an interference fit but now there is a physical and audible location when you use it due to the trigger guard indent now working correctly.

DSCF2394.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
                          Working...
                          X