Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ASG/KWA MAC 11 not cycling, possible mag issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG/KWA MAC 11 not cycling, possible mag issue.

Hi guys, looking at a friends MAC 11 for him as he hasnt a clue about GBBs. the issue is that when you load a mag, cock the bolt and pull the trigger it fires that one shot but the bolt doesnt return to the rear at all, also i have noticed that the bolt doesnt actually travel all the way forward when the trigger is pulled (although it does without a mag in the gun). My guess is that this is stopping the gasses being redirected into the blowback unit and thus not allowing the bolt to move to the rear. i have looked inside the MAC and nothing strikes me as odd, there is minimal wear and plenty of lube in all the right places. i have re lubed with GHK oil, teflon grease and lightweight silicone oil in relevant places but this has not cured the issue. one thing i did notice was the mags are in a pretty poor state, the feedlips have been glued back on and this is where i think the problem lies... the bolt is possibly catching on the top of the mag and therefore not moving all the way forward...

anyone else had a similar problem? anyone got any advice? cheers.

Re: ASG/KWA MAC 11 not cycling, possible mag issue.

The M93 mags need the plastic stop on them to stop the feed lips fouling the action of the slide. I accidentally used the one magazine I have without this stop, and it jammed after a single shot in exactly the way you describe. I know they are different guns, but the principle is the same.

Repair one of the magazines with all new replacement parts, and see if it works.

Comment

Re: ASG/KWA MAC 11 not cycling, possible mag issue.

is this an old school mac or the newer system 7 one , you can easily tell from the nozzle when cocked , if it has a chrome nozzle it's old school ,if it's plastic its system 7 .with the older ones (chrome nozzle) the piston head in the blow back engine needs lube and it wont cycle if it's dry .It was designed when 144a gas was used (air conditioning gas) and the gas had lube in it , most modern gasses are non lube gasses and cause the drying of the piston head in old school gun's , causes more problems in some gun's than other's and the old school mac 11 (ksc kwa or the well g11 clone ,maybe the asg ?as well ) suffer badly .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mustangdan Airsofter, writer, cat father... Find out more about mustangdan
      Working...
      X