KWA/KSC/ASG Glock not always locking back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA/KSC/ASG Glock not always locking back

I'm thinking I've got an issue with low power gas (or cool down?), which is causing my Glock 19 not to lock back when the magazine is empty. I don't know much about gas guns at all so any pointers would be helpful!

When I crono, its about 305fps +/- 4 fps, although I think my crono is slightly under reading by 5-10fps. Using ******* gas (the can doesn't give anything away).

It will lock back fine if:
    - I manually move the slide back
    - Remove the mag and hold it in my hands for 20 seconds, pop it back in and fire it
    - Hold the pistol downwards and fire, it locks back fine (9 times out of 10).
    - The fuller the mag is, the better

With the last one, I'm wondering if the the rubber on the top of the mag needs replacing/a spacer or if its just coincidence that it works!

Re: KWA/KSC/ASG Glock not always locking back

Its normally the follower on in the mag that when empty pushes on the slide release making the slide lock back. Look on the outer side of the mag below the feed lip and you will see it.
    Take the slide off and insert the mag, you'll see how it works.
    When the mag is empty of bb's but still has gas in does it lock back? Just wondering if when you've emptied a mag if there is enough gas in to cycle the pistol?
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Yes there is enough gas to cycle. Even if I reload the mag (not adding gas), shoot the magazine empty, remove magazine hold in hand for 20 seconds, reinsert and it will lock back!

Comment

sounds like there is a poor gas efficiency. if the gun is 'cycling' with and without pellets, it shows that there isnt a major problem. but, the problem could be enough to allow there to only be enough gas to propel a bb and only half cycle, re-loading the chamber but not engaging the slide lock.

if you look, you will find that the slide does not require an entire cycle to re-load the chamber. now, this could be me. but i would suggest having a look at the seals and the piston head. if not it could be anything to do with the BBU. So, if you can, i would take it apart and look for any cracks or broken seals.
        J

Comment

Thanks for the advice people.

I've re-found this thread http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...?topic=98823.0 and it appears that my mag catch is worn and allows the mag to drop slightly, if I push the mag up it locks back every single time!

Comment

and theres your gas inefficiency!

Comment

Huzzah! Time for a five dollar real steel glock mag catch!
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                Huzzah! Time for a five dollar real steel glock mag catch!
                i actuly might bother to look for them as i need to replace ten of the damn things

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                  i actuly might bother to look for them as i need to replace ten of the damn things
                  If you find a good one pm where you found it!
                  Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Comment

Not sure if rock your glock posts to the uk it should as some parts are not restricted but not orders yet XD

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

richw Find out more about richw
                    Working...
                    X