Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Glock 17 Gen 4 venting problem

Hi guys

Just bought a supposed brand new glock 17. Only think is its venting all the gas on the first shot.

We glock 17 gen 4 problem: http://youtu.be/YOaU27SMLLY

Anyone put there finger on something to help

Cheers
    sigpic

Re: WE Glock 17 Gen 4 venting problem

Could be an issue with the rocket valve, I've only ever seen that happen on well used guns.

Comment

I have a we gen4 g23 and having a vent issue. Using co2 magazine. I had only put 7 bulbs through the mag, which is under 100 rounds per bulb. And most were fired on semi auto. Doubt I would've fired 100 rounds on full auto. The problem started while firing semi auto. Heard slight hiss after firing a round. The co2 was bleeding of quite slow. Fired a few more rounds and it wasn't stopping. Still a slight hiss. So the valve isn't closing properly at this point. Then it got worse next few rounds. Then just vented completely. So I pull the mag out and press on the valve a few times, feel smooth like it should be working fine. Put in a new bulb and its not leaking. Put the mag in my g23 and fire a round and it vents a whole bulb. Have yet to pull the valve apart to see if there is any significant damage.

Comment

OP,

Initially does seem an issue with the rocket valve possibly sticking. Have you given the bbu a good lube?
        Always hard to tell unless it's in your hand, but from the vid, the slide makes no attempt to move reward. If that's the case, it can't reset the knocker to release the mag valve, so will vent all the gas.
        The other would be a very poor seal between the mag gas router to bbu inlet, but the gun would be a bit new for that, but still possible if you've got a lemon from the box.

Edit, just noticed that was posted in August.............

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
        Working...
        X