KWA Vector charging handle sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA Vector charging handle sticks

I recently purchased a kwa vector that had a known issue with the charging handle and I thought it was probably not lubed up correctly or something. When I got it yesterday, it was not what I was expecting, as the charging handle sticks about half way cocked and then wont go into the forward position by itself. I haven't had the chance to strip it down completely to see if there is any dirt caught in there.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Cheers!

Re: KWA Vector charging handle sticks

Is the bolt returning or is it getting stuck half way, this would cause the cocking handle to not return.

I had a very similar problem when I worked on the bolt, after I put it back together the bolt didn't return all the way, this was caused by a pin in the bolt sticking out just a fraction (I mean a tiny bit) because of the way the bolt moves anything out of place or a rough edge, dirt etc can hamper the bolts movement. Strip it down clean everything, feel for rough edges on bolt and bolt rails, relube and refit, test.
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

As above, something is fouling the bolt
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Well, after stripping the lower receiver down completely, I found nothing wrong. No dirt or any parts that were rubbing or sticking more than usual.

It was as I put it back together that I figured out the problem.

The 6 bolts that hold the body together were done up extremely tightly and I couldn't get them back as tight as they were using only my hands and an allen key. It turns out that these six bolts were causing the abs outer casing and parts of the metal framework to be far too tight for the bolt and the charging handle to move freely, no matter how much oil or grease was used.

It works perfectly now... so I'm happy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

El_Jimmo Find out more about El_Jimmo
        Working...
        X