New Glock 19 acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Glock 19 acting weird

So I have just purchased a brand new VFC/Stark Arms Glock 19 from a retailer in Asia. However I cannot seem to get the slide to cycle nicely. I have taken it apart and lubed it on the slide rails but the slide seems to stick (catch almost) in two different positions in the cycle. When I release the slide from the fully back position it does slide all the way forwards due to the momentum gained but if I try and do it slowly and ease it forward then the slide catches in one place and needs to pushed gently to get it to go past it. i have tried with both plastic and metal barrels to the same affect.

This problem seems to be stopping the slide from locking back because of the added friction caused although when the mag is fully charged it does manage to lock the slide back twice before it loses too much gas/power to do so. I have had experience with a KWA Glock 19 and 18c which seemed to have resistance in a similar place; when the barrel block (bit of the barrel which fills in the side of the slide) slides back into place although it never seemed to catch just cause some resistance to the slide movement.

Not sure if this is related or not but the pistol is quite difficult to take apart because something seems to catch on the slide when it tries to be released forward and then when I try to slide the upper receiver back on it has to be given a little encouragement. Is this normal for the SA glocks because both my KWAs slide on and off easily?

I will get some videos up shortly and any help/advice would be appreciated.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: New Glock 19 acting weird

Okay so I have now realised that the loading nozzle catches in the barrel assemble/hop up unit so that when I try and pull the slide back the loading nozzle is held in place for about 2cm and then the force from its springs pulls it back with the slide.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Re: New Glock 19 acting weird

Any ideas on this guys? Is it just a factory fault? I have contacted the shop but have had no reply yet.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
      Working...
      X