Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK G5 DMR and Carbine Kits FPS???

Got myself a query to run by everyone,

I wanna start using the G5 DMR or Carbine kit with my G5 however I was wondering what FPS increase i should expect from each of those kits.

Anyone used either kit and know what FPS each of the kits push the G5 up to? All websites with the product do not put any information on how much of an FPS increase you should typically get and all information on other places for range and accuracy tests do not show the FPS jump you would expect.

I am looking to get the G5 up to circa 410FPS on a 0.20g bb with Z1 pro gas. ( this is so I am definately below the 420 fps at most sites)

Anybody got any information on these???

Re: GHK G5 DMR and Carbine Kits FPS???

I tested mine both before and after adding the carbine kit. It was only about 15-18 degrees, but I got an increase of just over 20 fps on 0.20g pellets and using green gas. Down side for me was that once it got a bit warmer it became too hot for where I was playing (gained another 10-15 fps \00/) so I had to start mixing propane and 144a. Now I have a variable nozzle instead and just use propane.

Comment

So what did the FPS increase too?

Comment

I spoke to a store today dealing with this, and they claim the following values, on .2 with ultra air gas (equivalent to green, I'm told)

Regular : 310

Carbine : 400

DMR : Nearly 500 (hence why they don't have any in stock!)

Comment

Thats an outragious increase in FPS up 190 with a 400mm DMR barrel! Think I will stick with the Carbine kit...cheers for finding this out very useful

Comment

Tbh, it seemed like an insane increase to me. However, even an increase of 20-30 FPS would push it too high for CQB for me, so I took them at their word.

They also mentioned that the variable nozzle does indeed work to reduce FPS, but is quite inconsistent.

As a side note, naturally the FPS increase comes from the extended inner barrel. At the moment I have the carbine handguard but the regular inner barrel to keep FPS down for this reason. I'm planning on using the space to mount a tracer/suppressor unit inside the handguard for an integrally suppressed look - if you search youtube there's an awesome video from a guy who's done similar, but he has his inner barrel extending through the suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Smintheus View Post
              I spoke to a store today dealing with this, and they claim the following values, on .2 with ultra air gas (equivalent to green, I'm told)

Regular : 310

Carbine : 400

DMR : Nearly 500 (hence why they don't have any in stock!)
              No way, not even close.

At about 17-18 degrees with the gun stock and with 0.20g ASG Blaster pellets and ASG version of green gas, I was firing at ~320 fps. I put on the carbine kit and tested about half an hour later and got ~345 fps, so about a 25 fps increase with the extra 4" of barrel. At ~25 degrees this was firing at ~370 FPS, still 30 fps less than their claim with carbine - and that's with mine at stock at a lower temperature firing higher than their 310.

Personally for the DMR I'd expect ~400-410 fps at 18 degrees, so literally a similar or slightly higher increase for carbine to DMR than stock to carbine.

Only way I could see them getting 500 with the DMR kit is with the 'high energy' nozzle and playing in death valley.

Comment

The same shop claim my current G5, without the carbine length barrel is already at 345. I haven't been to a chrono yet to test this, so I'm just repeating what I've been told so far.

Is it possible that you have the 1 J bolt? GHK's website seems to have three options, the standard, 1 J, and high power.

Comment

Mine stock is bang in 350fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Current armoury:
                  Magpul pdr
                  Mike cripps pgc tm 1911a1

Owned:
                  Ics mx5 pro,Tm glock 17,Kwa mp9,Kjw 92f,G&G gen2 t418,TM 1911A1

Comment

If your on facebook join the g5 owners page, tells you everything you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current armoury:
                    Magpul pdr
                    Mike cripps pgc tm 1911a1

Owned:
                    Ics mx5 pro,Tm glock 17,Kwa mp9,Kjw 92f,G&G gen2 t418,TM 1911A1

Comment

Originally posted by Smintheus View Post
                      The same shop claim my current G5, without the carbine length barrel is already at 345. I haven't been to a chrono yet to test this, so I'm just repeating what I've been told so far.

Is it possible that you have the 1 J bolt? GHK's website seems to have three options, the standard, 1 J, and high power.
                      Certain. Got mine in HK with the standard nozzle. Bought the 1 joule nozzlefrom Samoon with the carbine kit and some extra mags. Got a variable nozzle through Milispec due to my carbine set up hitting 370 on testing at about 25 degrees (luckily I had some 144a with me for my Marushin PPK so still ended up using it).

Seem to remember the variable nozzle (which I assume is based on the high energy nozzle due to my upper reading) gave me a range of ~290-~400 depending how far in or out the screw was wound at about 25 degrees.

Comment

So 1 J bolt + carbine barrel = 370? That would explain how the shop I spoke to got 400.. they must have been using the standard bolt + + carbine kit.

Comment

No, standard nozzle (I keep typing bolt as well and having to change it) + carbine kit = 370 fps. Never fitted the 1 joule nozzle (sorry if I did not make that clear) as I decided to to go variable instead.

Comment

so yes, just to confirm (have not checked the fb page yet) that the Carbine kit 300mm barrel increases the fps by about 30fps and the DMR kit increases it by a further 30fps making it sit around 400fps with the DMR kit?

Comment

I know i'm jumping in a bit on the late side, but having spent most of my evenings in the past couple of weeks working on lots (20+) of G5's in various configurations.

At 20 degrees celsius using WE Green Gas and 0.2g bb's (variance of +/- 2% denoted by ~ over listed FPS with certain guns):

Stock Nozzle

Standard Config - ~355-365FPS (Most are towards the higher end of that)
                              Carbine - ~380-390FPS
                              DMR - ~440-450FPS (Had 2 doing over 500 for some unknown reason)

"1J" Nozzle

Standard Config - ~315-330FPS
                              Carbine - ~345-355FPS
                              DMR - ~400-420FPS

FG Airsoft Adjustable nozzle is just not worth the hassle, as the FPS is incredibly inconsistent, and to get to be consistent the screw had to fixed into position permanently - defeating its purpose.
                              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cheesenibbler Started airsofting properly about 4 years ago been doing it ever since joined an airsoft society at Nottingham Trent University was a member and became secretary and again I have a great time just enjoying myself on the field. I am now the airsoft tech guy for Southdown airsoft! Find out more about cheesenibbler
                              Working...
                              X