TM Hi Capa revive, old gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Hi Capa revive, old gun...

OK old but in good condition Hi-Capa i soaked the gun in silicone until my gas arrived as i gathered the seals would be very dry, and yup tried gas and quite surprised the two mags i have only hiss a little, but if i try and fire the gun, it just vents all the gas in one go.

any tips for reviving it? I've seen guide for taking the barrel apart, but what about the magazines? Get the seals out and see whats going on?

thanks

J.

Re: TM Hi Capa revive, old gun...

To take mag apart near the feed lips theres a small pin, tap that out and the gas router lips and spring will come out, youll need a key to get the valves out if your lucky a screw driver or something but i dont recommend that.

Since its old wouldnt be a good idea to take the whole gun apart and give it a good clean and functions test, i do that after every skirmish!

Comment

i'll have a look, its seems to me leaking from the bottom of the mag slightly, does the valve com out alone or does the base needs to co off first?

Comment

Base off first, but you need a valve remove key other wise you wont have a good day.

Comment

got it off, base and valve, ive got a screwdriver thats the perfect size

so yeah its the valve, gun works just about now, but the valve is still leaking on both mags, so next question, ive never seen spare valves? are they available... or do i get so locktight on the threat to seal it or something like that?

Comment

Soak the valves in silicon oil over night before thinking about replacing etc.

do it for all the valves!!! take them all out of all your mags and soak them overnight if you havnt used the gun in a good while.

Comment

their soaking as we speak i'll give them a go later

Comment

i noticed it may not be the base valve leaking, so got brave and took the complete base, off, so now soaking the big rectangular seal too,

strange tho, the screw that holds the base on, that goes into the gas chamber but has no seal on it? does it rely on just being tight?

Comment

oooh just put it all back together, and gassed, no leaks, and gun fires fine, now i just need to go out and fire a few BB's, fingers crossed

cheers for the tips guys

Comment

left the mag with gas in over night and their still full superb

BUT...

tried firing last night and its very hit and miss, bb's are slow, and sometimes dont fire.

But it cycles most of the time, i guess phase two is, cleaning the top half properly,
                    its also probably getting too much oil from the mags, as they have been soaked,

so i guess, disassemble, clean the barrel, check the hopup etc?

Comment

Yes take the gun apart entirely and it give it a good clean down, really clean the rails etc and give it a fresh grease up.

Also check the blowback chamber make sure its functioning correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                        Also check the blowback chamber make sure its functioning correctly.
                        Thats probably the main bit i'm not sure about, barrel and hop fine, but the other parts, hmmm

atleast there are plenty of takedown videos and guides on youtube!

Comment

The blowback chamber may be getting stuck. There are alot of takedown videos on youtube yes. First try spraying silicone oil into and around the blowback chamber. And pull it forward with your hands, it should spring back into place. If it doesn't you may have lost the chamber spring or it might be sticky

Comment

taken apart and cleaned, and the blowback chamber has plenty of spring in it but does seen to stick a little, but that might be that the slide is off? and its not actually in its natural place?

is silicone grease or oil best on the slide?

Comment

silicone oil for the chamber. And grease for the slide rails. The oil just goes everywhere so it doesn't stay slick for very long. But the grease stays there alot longer. I fit's abit sticky then you may have grit or something in there. Best to do a full takedown if your confident enough

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigRedJ Find out more about BigRedJ
                              Working...
                              X