Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK G5 Customisation

Hi all .

I've recently picked up a GHK G5 with a carbine length kit. It -doesn't- have the extended inner barrel installed, to keep the FPS down to make it more CQB friendly. Initially I was looking at installing a variable nozzle and then the longer inner barrel, or removing the carbine kit and just rocking the original G5 length, but then something occurred to me after watching a video of a custom integrally suppressed G5 on Youtube.

I play quite a lot of indoor/night games, and I have a tracer unit, which I really enjoy using. Would it be possible to cut down the carbine kit so I could fit a tracer/suppressor inside the extended handguard? A chap on Youtube seems to have done it, but I'm a little new to this kind of thing - not really modded guns before now.

So I guess I'm looking for one of two things - either advice on what tools I need (I suspect dremel + bits?) and the best manner to go about using them, or (even better, really), if you're London based, have a dremel and would like to help me out with this project for a few quid, holler at me!

As a side note, I have the newer variant of TM tracer. Looking at the G5, the inner barrel extends a little way past the thread, is this likely to foul the tracer's light gate?

Any help gratefully received. If pictures would help, let me know and I'll throw some up.

Josh

Re: GHK G5 Customisation

Tm tracer should work fine even with the barrel coming pass the outer a little my advice would be take the carbine kit off test with out it if it works fine all good, if not grab a 1inch extension then get to modding

Sent from my hlte using Tapatalk
    I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography. ~Paul Rodriguez

Comment

There's a GHK G5 facebook group...an absolute wealth of info on there

Comment

Holy necropost batman!

It's cool, in the end I took the carbine kit off and ran the CQB length with the tracer on the end - the barrel protrusion doesn't cause problems. I looked at cutting away some of the front to integrally suppress it, but the G5s are pretty fragile beasts anyway - I didn't wanna fuck about too much. She's still pretty short with the tracer .

Comment

Shit I didn't notice the post was that old I do apologize

Sent from my hlte using Tapatalk
          I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography. ~Paul Rodriguez

Comment

Wow...I never looked at the date of the OP, glad it all worked out

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Smintheus Find out more about Smintheus
            Working...
            X