KWA/KSC G17 Magazine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA/KSC G17 Magazine problems

Hi all, I have two KWA G17 mags, both of which have rather annoying problems.

One mag doesn't hold very much gas at all, but as far as I can tell is not leaking. The mag holds about as much gas to fire 4-5 shots.

The other mag has always leaked, it came out the box missing a seal where to add the gas, I added the seal but it leaks. Is that a bad seal inside the magazine or a badly placed exterior seal by me?

Also, if it's relevant, I use propane, however I always ensure to drop some silicone oil into the bottle of propane every 3-4 mags.
    Collection:

• KWA - Glock 17 (G&P Traded Slide / Guarder Recoil Spring)

Re: KWA/KSC G17 Magazine problems

Have you done the old bike tire puncher test? Fill and put under water see where its leaking from.

Base
    From valve
    Inner hole. Could need removing and iner bits tightening or adding a oring in the hole. Pound shop refiled lighters (not clipper type ) nick its oring.

From outer part of fill valve.
    New o ring from a pound shop lighter also, this time from the screw bit where the flame comes from has a good one I find.

Square trench on base.
    That will be the squair oring. Punch the pins out when its empty check the oring for damage or crud. Clean the inside and try it again.
    If it still don't work I'm sure we can point you to an appropriate HK place that has them for a few pence.

Top knocker valve on side.
    Unscrew and replace the oring.

Out top of the valve.
    Unscrew the valve. You might be able to just flip that oring as a quick fix but replacing would be best.

Anywhere else

Umm sell it on eBay to some fool....

Ahem I mean its fecked strip its down for parts bin the bit that is fractured. Sell tes ton eBay to someone who need it always someone who needs feed lips springs n things.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
      Have you done the old bike tire puncher test? Fill and put under water see where its leaking from.

Base
      From valve
      Inner hole. Could need removing and iner bits tightening or adding a oring in the hole. Pound shop refiled lighters (not clipper type ) nick its oring.

From outer part of fill valve.
      New o ring from a pound shop lighter also, this time from the screw bit where the flame comes from has a good one I find.

Square trench on base.
      That will be the squair oring. Punch the pins out when its empty check the oring for damage or crud. Clean the inside and try it again.
      If it still don't work I'm sure we can point you to an appropriate HK place that has them for a few pence.

Top knocker valve on side.
      Unscrew and replace the oring.

Out top of the valve.
      Unscrew the valve. You might be able to just flip that oring as a quick fix but replacing would be best.

Anywhere else

Umm sell it on eBay to some fool....

Ahem I mean its fecked strip its down for parts bin the bit that is fractured. Sell tes ton eBay to someone who need it always someone who needs feed lips springs n things.
      Just did the test, the leaky mag is leaking from the fill valve, I feel like this might be because I fitted the o-ring poorly, any idea how to get an o-ring out?

Any ideas for the mag that doesn't hold much gas?
      Collection:

Comment

It won't be leaking because of the o-ring you've shoved down the front of the valve - it will either be leaking around the oring that sits around the outside of the valve or it will be leaking through the internal oring. If it's not the external one then just replace the valve with a new one.

As an aside - if your mag base gasket is leaking you can replace it with a 15mm ID 3mm C/S oring which will do the job perfectly
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          It won't be leaking because of the o-ring you've shoved down the front of the valve - it will either be leaking around the oring that sits around the outside of the valve or it will be leaking through the internal oring. If it's not the external one then just replace the valve with a new one.

As an aside - if your mag base gasket is leaking you can replace it with a 15mm ID 3mm C/S oring which will do the job perfectly
          OK now I'm completely confused, can you put this into simpleton speak?
          Collection:

Comment

heh i vaguley rember ya saying about that oring befor just conldent rember XD

Comment

There are two or three o-rings on a fill valve. One around the outside to seal the valve against the mag, one around the fill hole/nipple to stop gas escaping as you fill the mag, and one inside the valve. It will either be the first or the third that leaks, as not all valves have the second one, and it has no effect on gas containment either way.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                There are two or three o-rings on a fill valve. One around the outside to seal the valve against the mag, one around the fill hole/nipple to stop gas escaping as you fill the mag, and one inside the valve. It will either be the first or the third that leaks, as not all valves have the second one, and it has no effect on gas containment either way.
                Thanks for the info, any guides out there on stripping KSC glock mags?
                Collection:

Comment

Bump - Any guide out there for opening up the mags?
                  Collection:

Comment

Release gas. Remove valve. Hold it in a vice get a hammer and a pin pusher from tool shop or a old hex key or blunt nail etc and bash the pin out all the way

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
                      Release gas. Remove valve. Hold it in a vice get a hammer and a pin pusher from tool shop or a old hex key or blunt nail etc and bash the pin out all the way
                      Releasing gas is the only easy part hah. Do I need a tool to remove the valve? How do I do it? Which pins do I push out, can I get a diagram?

Thanks
                      Collection:

Comment

Well tools are around £10 on eBay or some other places. Or you could go to poundland buy a big flat screwdriver and a file and file a slot in it that works also.

Unscrew the bottom valve. Then on the side you will see in the grove two pins. And on one side a third one that keeps the spring for the bb follower.
                        Punch the two pins out gently. A genuine ksckwa nag should be easy to do but the clone mags are oversized and sometimes bent.
                        Once they out you can either pop the fill valve in a bit and squrt some gas in there should pop the whole base off if its snug. Or pull it out somehow (c clip players proberly work well for that. )

Behold the square oring will be revealed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Kenton Find out more about Joe_Kenton
                        Working...
                        X