Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm Desert Eagle Rocket valve?

Bought a TM DE as spares and repairs.
    The mag was leaking all over the place but I seem to have fixed that. However the gun pisses out a tonne of gas on every shot. 1 mag of gas lasts about 5 shots. I know these things use a lot of gas but this is too much.

I asked someone yesterday their advice, and he said it seems to be missing a rocket valve from inside the loading nozzle.

The loading nozzle was replaced in this gun apparently.

I'm not so sure this gun uses one now that I have it in bits.

This is a pic of inside my P226. The blue bit is what he thinks is missing.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4oK5QQz.jpg[img]

I'm no expert though so hoping for some advice here. Could it just be a knackered mag? The bottom of the mag is missing too which tells me he's had it in bits.

Here's a video of it firing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7u6a2_5yj0

Cheers

Re: Tm Desert Eagle Rocket valve?

There should be a spring, a valve and a valve retainer piece of plastic inside that loading nozzle. On the opposite side to the picture there is a tiny hole on the top which is for a teeny phillips head screw that holds the rocket valve retainer piece in place. Maybe the guy simply replaced the nozzle thinking that all the internal gubbins were included with the new one - They arent!. You need to swap the valve, spring and retainer from a broken nozzle to the new one.

The internals are hard to come by as they are not common to other TM pistols..

The video does show it sort of working, where as if there was no valve etc in there then really youd expect it to vent the whole mag down the barrell. So it might be that the rocket valve is damaged or the spring is causing the rocket valve not to seal when it goes forward.

If there is a valve in then you can test for damage or poor sealing rocket valve. Put your finger over the where the gas goes in from the mag and hold the loading nozzle vertically and use a thin screwdriver to push the valve as far forward as it will go. Whilst in doing all of this hold the nozzle under a tap and fill it with water. If water is coming out of the front of the loading nozzle then there is a problem with the valve not seating correctly. Not foolproof as water is much denser than gas and not underpressure but does help. If its not that then need to check for cracks etc that might only come into play when the nozzle is pressurised with gas.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've since discovered that the parts you mentioned are missing. I've found parts 50AE-18,19,20. I'm struggling to find 21 and i'm not sure what 22 is.
      Once I have those bits I think it will work well.

Comment

Cool... 21 is the rocket valve retainer that the teeny screw goes into to secure . 22 is the o-ring that goes into 23

Comment

Originally posted by chaz_r33_gtr View Post
          Cool... 21 is the rocket valve retainer that the teeny screw goes into to secure . 22 is the o-ring that goes into 23
          I thought thats what 22 was but wasn't sure. 21 just seems impossible to find. We've been search for over a week now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lambster Find out more about Lambster
          Working...
          X