Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE open bolt M4 - nossle wont return

hello,

my rifle recently and suddenly developed an issue. When i put a mag in and fire it vents the entire thing. On looking at it the nozzle inside the bolt does not move freely when i pull it out. The return spring is fine, there is just a massive amount of friction between the nozzle and bolt carrier.

Weird thing is that this is not a new nozzle, its been working fine and this just suddenly started. Its lubed and there's no dirt or crud or obstructions - it simply seems as if the nozzle is a bit too big for the carrier.

First question si how i that possible since it was ok before (bolt carriers dont shrink to they? :P)
    Second, how do I fix this?, im a bit cautious of taking a file to the nozzle in case i take off too much ore something - also dont want to bugger the seal around the washer at the back (the friction issue starts at the very back)

Re: WE open bolt M4 - nossle wont return

any ideas?

Comment

check on the inside of the bolt for notches or chips. What nozzle are you using? The standard one, or the RaTech one?

Comment

Undo the c clip at back holding the return spring to bolt carrier and pull out the nozzle completely from the bolt carrier. Maybe the bolt carrier is misshapen, wear on the underside which contacts the hammer can cause this. Equally might be the rubber oring at back of nozzle split misshapen or damaged

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
        Working...
        X