Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inokatsu M4 mag loading?

Hi

First post, be gentle :D. I've just acquired an Inokatsu M4 SOPMOD. It didn't have a mag but some research said a prowin mag would work. So I got a mag, however, unless the gun is racked/cocked whatever you call it, I cannot insert the mag. With the gun racked I can insert a mag and it shoots fine. I installed the prowin hammer spring also and shooting wise its great and running high 300's.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Here's the gun -

Re: Inokatsu M4 mag loading?

Your mag is too full. Empty 3 BBs out of the top and it will go in fine.

Comment

Mag is empty bud

Comment

StargateP90 is a bit confused about the issue, and is incorrect. The Prowin hammer spring is CONSIDERABLY stronger than the stock Inok hammer spring (it needs it for the ProWin mags - a stock Inok hammer spring will barely open them, if at all). With the ProWin hammer spring installed the hammer is pushed fully forward against the firing pin housing meaning the firing pin is pushed into the magazine well which will block a magazine being slid into place. A stock Inok hammer spring does not force the hammer fully forward, hence the return spring on the firing pin can retract the firing pin into its housing.

In other words, it's entirely normal to have to cock an Inok before placing a magazine in the magazine well if it's fitting with a Prowin - or other suitably strong - hammer spring.

Comment

Ooops. Yeah was confused on the matter.

That would have been my second guess

Comment

Thanks Heinz, makes perfect sense now. I had another issue which I've fixed. The valve knocker (firing pin) spring was knackered and was not holding the knocker back in the housing when gun was racked. Put a suitable spring in from my spares and all is good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andy Thilo Find out more about Andy Thilo
            Working...
            X