Inok M4 for Practical Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inok M4 for Practical Pistol

We are experimenting at our practical pistol club with using GBB rifles on some of the stages. For PP, it's more important to have a smooth fast rate of fire for really fast double taps. So since the Inok has quite heavy recoil, am I right in thinking that reducing recoil and upping rate of fire would be a good idea?

The weight on the rear of the bolt is removable, but can I just leave it out? I've also ordered a set of hard rubber buffer blocks to effectively 'short stroke' the gun (i.e reduce the travel of the bolt). Any ideas on this and what may be the best way to get a really fast gun?

Thanks

Andy

Re: Inok M4 for Practical Pistol

I've been building and tuning GBBRs for a very, very long time. If you want a very fast double tap and aren't bothered about the bolt locking back then this is what I normally recommend:

Spacers in buffer tube to short stroke the bolt's travel. Just enough to re-cock the trigger.
    Stronger air nozzle return spring.
    Lightweight buffer (less mass you have flying around, the faster the cycle time)
    Lighten the bolt as much as possible. On Inok's (and other bolts made of DECENT steel, not RA-Tech crap) i've taken this to extremes before - i.e. boring the back of the bolt out by another 1.5mm on the lathe and then cross drilling where I can. I am not a fan of after market Ally bolts - they just ain't strong enough to take a serious hammering without deformation

OK, other things to do to really get the best out of it 1: A full trigger job (no, I won't tell you how to do this, I ain't giving away a trade secret!) for over-travel and reset. 2: lightened trigger pull (I aim for around a 3-4lb pull). 3: Friction reduction of bearing surfaces. Learn how to lube it perfectly as well!

Out of interest, which air nozzle do you have in it?

Comment

We run 2 gun sessions with GBBR's and Pistols, we call it Practical Action Shooting and there was a review of it in ******* ***** last month, send me a PM if you're interested and will tell you how we operate. Its becoming very popular indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
        I've been building and tuning GBBRs for a very, very long time. If you want a very fast double tap and aren't bothered about the bolt locking back then this is what I normally recommend:

Spacers in buffer tube to short stroke the bolt's travel. Just enough to re-cock the trigger.
        Stronger air nozzle return spring.
        Lightweight buffer (less mass you have flying around, the faster the cycle time)
        Lighten the bolt as much as possible. On Inok's (and other bolts made of DECENT steel, not RA-Tech crap) i've taken this to extremes before - i.e. boring the back of the bolt out by another 1.5mm on the lathe and then cross drilling where I can. I am not a fan of after market Ally bolts - they just ain't strong enough to take a serious hammering without deformation

OK, other things to do to really get the best out of it 1: A full trigger job (no, I won't tell you how to do this, I ain't giving away a trade secret!) for over-travel and reset. 2: lightened trigger pull (I aim for around a 3-4lb pull). 3: Friction reduction of bearing surfaces. Learn how to lube it perfectly as well!

Out of interest, which air nozzle do you have in it?
        Hi, some great advise there thanks . I've ordered a spacer kit to short stroke it. The stock buffer seems pretty light? I'll weight it.

I could take the weight out of the back of the bolt? Would that help, is it ok to leave it out completely? I've got a RA bearing hammer in it and G&P springs throughout. Trigger is ok but I'm sure the sear could do with polishing. I've done trigger jobs on Marui 5.1 pistols so have basic knowledge and a set of stones. I did the original Inok hammer but took it too far and it wouldn't engage the sear on semi auto .

Any metal to metal surface I flat and polish with the stones and I use gun grease to lube. Probably not doing it right though lol, always happy to receive advise .

My air nozzle is a problem at the moment. I have the stock alloy nozzle but the internals seem a mixture of parts and it's broken as I found out today

Can you give me some advise on what nozzle/internals to use please? I'm not skirmishing so powerful and consistent is more important.

I also have feeding problems on fast double taps, but I've read that could be a lack of lube (silicone spray?) on the nozzle etc...?

Cheers

Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wynthorpe View Post
        We run 2 gun sessions with GBBR's and Pistols, we call it Practical Action Shooting and there was a review of it in ******* ***** last month, send me a PM if you're interested and will tell you how we operate. Its becoming very popular indeed.
        Hi, sounds great, I'll PM you. Me and other guy are looking to get a 3-gun session going soon, mimicking the US 3-gun nation events. As your in Lancs, do you go to Burnley, NPPC?

Comment

In no particular order...

1: Lightest buffer is the G&P Speed Buffer, it's plastic and weighs next to nothing.
          2: No problems whatsoever with taking the weight out of the back of the bolt assuming it's not the 2010 SuperBolt (which needs the weight/extension in order to work in Inok and Prime receivers)
          3: Got a pic of the back of the nozzle assembly ?(the side of it). Depending on the year of manufacture you might have to replace the entire nozzle assembly, as well as its guts - as it'll only be a matter of time before the back of it snaps off as its the version with the interrupted side rib (why on earth they did that, i have no idea - it makes it a LOT weaker)
          4: There are better ways of regulating the velocity than using an NPAS type system. Ones that are more consistent. What velocity are you after?
          5: The double feeding issue is caused by the poor design of the Hop-up system. I swap them out for a complete 2012 model ViperTech unit - it does require me to fire up the mill and the lathe, but double feeds are a thing of the past and accuracy is greatly improved.

Comment

Hi

1. I'll order one thanks
            2. Photo below showing the bolt and weight removed

4. I guess 400 with 0.3's would be nice?
            5. I guess this isn't a straight sway then? Is this something you could help/advise with?

Thanks for all the advise

Cheers

Andy

Comment

1: Cool
              2: Yup, absolutely no problems running without the bolt weight
              3: Junk that nozzle assembly. It's the weak version. Have a look at the pic i've attached, you can see the area where the reinforcing rib is interrupted and the back of the nozzle assembly will end up snapping off. SAT make a complete replacement nozzle assembly for the Inok that works very nicely.
              4: That'll be dealt with by Number 3. It's rather more consistent than the RA-Tech NPAS.
              5: Sure, no problems.
              Attached Files

Comment

3: Junk that nozzle assembly. It's the weak version. Have a look at the pic i've attached, you can see the area where the reinforcing rib is interrupted and the back of the nozzle assembly will end up snapping off. SAT make a complete replacement nozzle assembly for the Inok that works very nicely. - Is it this one? - https://redwolfairsoft.com/*******/a...nokatsu_M4.htm
                4: That'll be dealt with by Number 3. It's rather more consistent than the RA-Tech NPAS.
                5: Sure, no problems.[/QUOTE] - I'll PM you

Thanks again Jay . I've put my original Inok hammer back in for the time being. I'm gonna take the RA Tech junk one back and hopefully get a refund (or swap for a Prowin V2 mag :D). Fortunately I got it from a retailer here.

Comment

Yeah, thats the one - but given that this is Zero In (and therefore linked to Zero One, who do not sell such goodies), expect to get a slapped wrist for mentioning other companies :-/

Nay probs Andy. Hope you get your cash back, those RA-Tech hammers certainly do not reach the requirement of "satisfactory quality" IMHO.

Comment

Good point, I'll remove the link ... oh I can't. Apologies to the admin, please remove the link if it's against forum rules.

Comment

Finally got it running properly . New SAT nozzle fitted, Prowin hammer spring fitted & recoil buffers put in to short stroke. Happily runs through a full mag on full auto now :D. Running about 450fps which is great.

Little demo, excuse the rubbish bag, I mean back stop :O.

Might remove one of the buffers to turn the ROF down a little. Running a bit fast lol.

Comment

Good to hear it's working out for you Andy

Comment

Thanks Jay and thanks for your help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andy Thilo Find out more about Andy Thilo
                          Working...
                          X